DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a wonderful end to a night. I'm almost home from a good dinner and my cell phone rings and callerID says it my parents home #. I know that my dad has probably just gotten home from work and they're probably asking if I wanna go grub. Well, all I hear is my mom hysterical and the only thing I hear is "drowning... pool". And then, thanks to the wonderful technology of AT&T, my reception/phone dies. At this point I had no idea of who/what is drowning in the pool. So it's amazing how fast you can get to your parents house when you don't know wtf is going on. Turns out my dog (old dog) had ended up in the pool and wasn't able to get out. Dad gets home and wonders where the dog is, opens the back door and there the poor fellow is. Dad dives in but it's a lil too late. Then I can't find my keys to my apt, so I can't find them anywhere in the car, and end up having to go BACK to the restaraunt only to find them in my car. Now, I get to go back over to my parents to bury the dog.

And you thought *your* night sucked. ugh.

·
Rolling with the homies
43,268 Posts
Sorry to hear that Geoff.

·
The Mustang Shop
2,522 Posts
Sorry to hear such sad news. My chow just turned 9 years old and I know he probably won't be around to many more years.

Linda

·
2-7 and still a fan!
16,954 Posts
Dam dude that has got to suck!

I feel your pain man, I had to bury my Chow Sydnie, I had her for almost 10 years. I was at home on a Sat. and my then 13 year old daughter comes in crying that she thought something was wrong with Syd, Syd...:( I had to pick her up and take her to a place out in the woods and bury her, Sucks man. 'H':(

·
¯\(º_o)/¯
25,373 Posts
Its amazing how much love and care we put into these animals, I understand how you must feel right now Geoff.

·
Registered
328 Posts
:(

·
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!
14,997 Posts
Great things about dogs. . . no matter the mood your in, you can always count on your dogs love for you . . . Sorry man.

·
P.I.M.P.
3,868 Posts
I remeber when I was 9 or so we were going out of town so we dropped our dog, a 9yr old German Shepard, off at our grandparents. I loved this dog like a best friend, my parents got him a few months before I was born so she was always there for me. Anyway we go home and the phone rings and my its my grandma. She said Daisy(her name) had been hit by a car on the highway (they lived right off the highway in Gatesville) and had died... Saddest day of my life.

Sorry to hear about ur loss GE I know what a dog can mean to you and hope you have a better day today.

·
Premium Member
18,368 Posts
I buried my 14 year old Sheltie a year ago, and cried like a baby the whole time...I'm truly sorry about the death of your buddy...

1 - 20 of 56 Posts