DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Full tilt boogie !!
10,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just wanting opinions/comparisons on these.

I have an MSD 6A on my car.

I just found this in my garage, I bought it about 2 years ago and totally forgot about it.

http://www.cranecams.com/index.php?show=browseParts&lvl=5&prt=1967

I also have the timing controller w/ this

Trying to figure out if I should just leave the MSD box on or switch out to this Crane firebal w/ timing control.

TIA

·
Full tilt boogie !!
10,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea thats what I was thinking, I just wanted to see if anyone has ever used these Crane products.

Thanks

·
Is it cold in here?
7,371 Posts
I know someone who did. He actually liked it. Had a blower car. I think something happened with it, and he had to send it back. They sent him a new one and he ended up selling the car!!

·
Full tilt boogie !!
10,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, thanks. I appreciate the info.

·
Full tilt boogie !!
10,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bad89stang said:
Better internals and no chips for the rev limiter.
thanks for the input........TTT

·
How ya like me now?
2,312 Posts
Bad89stang said:
Better internals and no chips for the rev limiter.
Me too. Crane all the way. A lot better product and they

STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT.

I cannot say that for MSD. :rolleyes:

·
Foxaholic
7,351 Posts
Agreed.

I have dealt with repeated problems with MSD boxes. They have been around forever and make a decent box, but I am not impressed with their quality. Open one up and look inside. Then, pop open a Crane box and you'll figure out what I mean. Very nice stuff. Compatible with MSD ignition items as well.

·
Full tilt boogie !!
10,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
thanks for the input guys. anyone wanna buy a MSD 6A box:D

any other input people?

·
Darkside
20,120 Posts
Txstang1 said:
yea thats what I was thinking, I just wanted to see if anyone has ever used these Crane products.

Thanks

Both are good. But I believe MSD will win the overall vote. I used a crane fireball on my stang . No complaints what so ever. With the PS91 coil, that bitch would throw a spark. I like the dial in rev limiter in lieu of chips also.

If I could figure a way to make it work on my old car.............I would love to have it. :rolleyes:

·
Full tilt boogie !!
10,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SSMAN said:
Both are good. But I believe MSD will win the overall vote. I used a crane fireball on my stang . No complaints what so ever. With the PS91 coil, that bitch would throw a spark. I like the dial in rev limiter in lieu of chips also.

If I could figure a way to make it work on my old car.............I would love to have it. :rolleyes:
thanks for the input. anyone else?

·
American Badass
4,474 Posts
I have had my MSD 6AL in three Mustangs now and it runs just as strong as the day I bought it. Like a dumbass I even set it on the battery once and it arked through the box, but the MSD took a lickin' and kept on tickin'.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts