DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
People with experience, need some help. Whats the best method for moving a 250 lb safe to my basement via stairs. The good news is, my basement is directly across from my garage entry so its an easy transition. Anyone have any tips or advice? Basically every place I order one from drops it off on your doorstep via freight, so theres no one to haul it in. Thanks.

·
Registered
191 Posts
as stated above......along with an appliance dolly that has the rollers with rubber tracks on the backside of the dolly....this will allow it to slide down the stairs....one man up top and another on the bottom to control the descent...

·
Custom Title
16,520 Posts
as stated above......along with an appliance dolly that has the rollers with rubber tracks on the backside of the dolly....this will allow it to slide down the stairs....one man up top and another on the bottom to control the descent...
Fuck controling the descent from underneath a safe!

·
User may be editing post.
12,013 Posts
I've moved safes larger by myself, it isn't that bad. Just make sure you use a dolly with air filled tires and keep it on a tilt greater than 45* someone below and above.

·
None
12,675 Posts
Find a friend with an IQ around 75 and put him downstairs from the safe. Anyone smarter than that is gonna say "Fuck that!"

Put a belay on it or some other form of a safety strap and don't put anyone underneath it.

·
needaho
636 Posts
really, you had to post in a forum to move something downstairs that weighs 250lbs, really?

·
DERP DERP DERP
36,645 Posts
Oh snap!

You guys don't get it, 250lbs is two Chris', lol. I vote tilt it back and let it slide down the stairs. Oh, and ride it on the way down, and get a video.

·
African Booty Scratcher
13,150 Posts
chris only weighs 89lbs, cut him some slack. :)

god bless.

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
250lb isn't that bad for a safe, good refrigerator dolly with the rollers and a couple friends should get the job done.

·
duh...duh....duh
9,543 Posts
250lb isn't that bad for a safe, good refrigerator dolly with the rollers and a couple friends should get the job done.
Yeah, pretty light. my cheap one was 500lbs.

I agree, just take your time and it'll go smoothly. I'd not stress it that much at all.

Are they interior stairs or external stairs that you're going to use?

·
Premium Member
4,291 Posts
Unless you have that equipment everyone is talking about just go get 2 friends to help out. Should be fine with two people lifting 250 lbs., but to make it easier to put said safe down after you get down the stairs the third person will help out

1 - 20 of 38 Posts