DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to put some power on my 90 gt have 3.73s, bbk headers, bbk x-pipe, underdrive pulleys what other bolt ons would help my stock pony out without going to much in the engine
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,515 Posts
what kinda money you want to spend, a nice head/cam/intake will do ya good. Could always go with nitrous.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
31,758 Posts
proud1 said:
trying to put some power on my 90 gt have 3.73s, bbk headers, bbk x-pipe, underdrive pulleys what other bolt ons would help my stock pony out without going to much in the engine
heads/cam/intake :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
495 Posts
head and cam are INTO the motor guys :p ...
proud1, throttle body and intake are your best bet without going INTO the motor
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what size of throttle body would be good for every day driver and would you suggest to cobra upper and lower intake,also would an ignition system help me out or maybe a computer chip
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
495 Posts
proud1 said:
what size of throttle body would be good for every day driver and would you suggest to cobra upper and lower intake,also would an ignition system help me out or maybe a computer chip
-a 65mm TB on a stock intake, but you could still use it on the cobra intake..
-there are MANY aftermarket intakes that work WELL, and they are all good for daily driveing.. it is just about what you can afford or what makes more power, what you like, ect ...
-well a ignition system would be better than a chip, go with MSD stuf, like a MSD 6AL Box for example
 

·
Party at the moon tower
Joined
·
1,788 Posts
Depends on budget if you only have like 300 bucks to spend throw some juice at it. If you have like 1,500 bucks to spend I'd put it on some boost.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
495 Posts
chevyhater01 said:
Depends on budget if you only have like 300 bucks to spend throw some juice at it. If you have like 1,500 bucks to spend I'd put it on some boost.
yeah buit that doesnt include the cost of the injectors and fuel lines .. ect ... that you should upgrade if you boost :p
 

·
Party at the moon tower
Joined
·
1,788 Posts
animals said:
yeah buit that doesnt include the cost of the injectors and fuel lines .. ect ... that you should upgrade if you boost :p
pfffft mabye if your going to run 15 psi or something, but buy a entry level supercharger 5-6 psi range and stock stuff will work and the kit will include everything you'd need.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what brand of trottle body is a good one and what help would an ignition system be to me and also what kind of plugs would you run with that ignition system
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
495 Posts
well it is not so much about BRAND, it is more about BUDGET, acuse alot of brands are good TB's

MSD is really good, there are ALOT of good spark plugs, just make sure that you get something that can take the extra power and dont have a low burn temp
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top