DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Samurai Schmuck
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a new project and this one seems pretty cool. The idea of throwing a 400 hp motor into a 2200 pound car intrigues me. Let me hear your thoughts! :D

·
Blue5spd's a titty baby
13,472 Posts
That's almost as cool as a V6 Yamaha powered Festiva. Make sure you use as many lightweight components as possible to help keep the weight down.

·
Premium Member
6,105 Posts
I've wanted to do this for about 10 years now. But I want one that's hot pink.......sounds gay as fuck but I just think it would bait the hell out of people.

·
Big "foot"
19,217 Posts
Not gay! I agree about doing whatever you can to cut weight on the front end, but those look like fun either way.

·
Blue5spd's a titty baby
13,472 Posts
BLAKE said:
Not gay! I agree about doing whatever you can to cut weight on the front end, but those look like fun either way.
Aluminum windsor block. :cool:

·
look at em go
3,147 Posts
Gotta friend whos stepdad has a built turbo miata. Something like 330 horsepower and damn its quick. If you do it clean, take your time, and keep the weight down, it will kick ass. If you do a shitty ******* job with it, it'll just be one fast piece of shit.

·
Samurai Schmuck
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
eastsidetorino said:
Gotta friend whos stepdad has a built turbo miata. Something like 330 horsepower and damn its quick. If you do it clean, take your time, and keep the weight down, it will kick ass. If you do a shitty ******* job with it, it'll just be one fast piece of shit.

HAHA.....I've got a shop to help me out. My technical knowledge is not quite up there to do it myself. Still weighing the options right now though. The miatas are sooooo cheap (price wise), it just seemed like a good idea. I think there is one running around in Plano, but i have yet to see it.

·
Premium Member
14,251 Posts
Late model Miatas are kind of cool looking. A nice turbo set up would be cool but throwing a heavy V8 in there would make it handle like shit.

·
Samurai Schmuck
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just some specs I found and a pic:

Mega Monster Miata
400 HP supercharged V-8
5.0 liter (302 cubic inch) Ford
0-60 mph 3.9 seconds
Top speed 174 mph
1/4 mile 12.2 seconds
Braking (from 60 mph)-128 feet

Attachments

·
Samurai Schmuck
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Buick355 said:
Late model Miatas are kind of cool looking. A nice turbo set up would be cool but throwing a heavy V8 in there would make it handle like shit.

If i'm not mistaken, I don't think that there is a big weight difference between the 5.0 V8 and the 4 banger that comes in it. I'll have to check.

·
Samurai Schmuck
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
AnesthesiA said:
check my link DM. LS1=the dogs nuts!
HAHA! I did. I can't believe they fit an LS1 in that thing. Going to read more on it when i have a chance!

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
A V8 Miata isn't gay.. hell, a regular one isn't gay either. The guys that think they are have either never driven one (that's why people get them) or they have serious issues with their manhood.

Doubling the horsepower is always good. :D

·
Samurai Schmuck
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Danny said:
A V8 Miata isn't gay.. hell, a regular one isn't gay either. The guys that think they are have either never driven one (that's why people get them) or they have serious issues with their manhood.

Doubling the horsepower is always good. :D

That's another reason why I was considering the miata, they handle well. That's why you see those auto Xers everywhere.

·
Make 7 Up Yours
2,433 Posts
I used to love driving my father-in laws blue one. He had basic bolt on type shit on it, but throwing back the top(literally!) and cruising was a blast!

·
Texas Rangers #1
10,592 Posts
I love the Miata's and think the Monster Miata idea is pretty cool. Believe me, having a great handling powerful car can be just as fan as shredding the tires at the light.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts