DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..my first 12.2!

With -750 ft. DA's, my 'Vette ran its first 12.2 last night. Could only muster two runs, since the crowd was huge by the time the ambulance guys finally showed up and the racing could start.

12.298 @ 110.2 mph

This run was against a '94 Viper, who said he missed a shift He ran a 12.7 at a pretty good mph. Still, a hole shot was what won the race anyway. They were using the pro tree (hate that), but still got a 0.668 RT and a best 1.719 60 ft.

·
Premium Member
18,368 Posts
Congrats...I don't care what anyone says...that's fast!

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the nice words.

Have to admit, my son ran the car for that time (I still can't do as well as him, but then it is not his car and he can bury his foot at the start!!!). I had a 1.91 60 ft. on the first run (12.61 @109.8), but he is so aggressive on the launch that he gets the good times with a huge help from the 60 ft.

Were you there last night? There was a ton of cars there and we left around midnight. I was frozen even though I had a heavy coat on. These late hours for an old man like me are killers the next day.

The guy at the gate said there was going to be one more street "day". He was mentioning a weekend day in Dec. depending on the weather. He said they would announce it on their website when the day was but he did mention Dec 14 or 15, an all day affair. Should be fun if the weather is anything like last night!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts