DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a set of mil eliminators from USA yesterday and installed them, well took car for a drive last night for 45 mins and CE never came on, took car to work, which is a 15 min drive and no ce light, 30 min drive home and no ce light, went to go eat and 5 mins later the ce light came on. Anyone ever had any problems with these? They seemed to snap in good, they are simple as heck to install, so don't see why i'm getting a ce light again. Any suggestions on fixing them greatly appreciated, if not i'm gonna take them back tommorow :mad:

·
Im Not Fat Im Big Boned !
1,519 Posts
try unpluggin and then pluggin back in and resettin computer, if still CE then get new ones ! I went thru 2 sets before I got a good pair ! Rob

·
Premium Member
6,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
will do Rob. How come it takes the computer takes different times b4 it throws a code? I mean it took several different starts yesterday and a lot of driving b4 it came on tonight. I did reconnect them again, so hopefully if it comes on it will come on during way to work, so i can drop by USA during lunch. This is so frustrating.

·
Premium Member
6,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well still having problems with MIL elims, i got a new set from USA and still having same problem. What could be wrong? Everthing is hooked up correctly, i'm getting to the point of getting rid of the h-pipe cuz this is ridiculous, the codes are for o2 sensor circuit fault, o2 sensors worked b4 new pipe. I am not electrically inclined so if someone could help me troubleshoot it please pm me.

Thanks

G

·
I may be able to help.

Belive me I know exactly what you are going through. I just did this on my 99 with a Bassani and returned at set to DMP and bought the splice in kind from PEP. I do not know if the DMP were defective. Go to HiLo and rent their OBDII code reader. It will work only for the emissions crap. Find out exactly what code you are getting and reply. I can give you some advice then. It was actally my front 02 sensor plus and exhasut leak giving me problems. Make sure there isn't a slight leak where the collector mounts to the pipe on the driver side (always a problem). These computers are very very skiddish so it is just a matter of getting it right and leaving it alone ;)

Good Luck.

P.S. I fixed mine by switching the driver and passenger front 02 sensors. I can't explain why from an electrical standpoint, it just worked.

·
Premium Member
6,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok cool, well getting codes of 156 and if i swap sides with the elims i get a 136, already tried a different pair right now. Can't really tell if there is an exhaust leak to be honest, sounds fine, i could be wrong though. my next idea is taking them back to USA and they are gonna give me a different brand to try, if not i'm gonna put that money towards a chip. If you have any tips please let me know ;)

Thanks

G

·
Errors

The errors you are getting are both for downstream 02 sensors. Both codes are for the same side of the car. My uneducated guess is that either one of the rear 02s is damaged or the MILs are bad. I would have them send you Pony Express Performance's MILs they cost about $30. Or you can look them up http://ponyexpressperformance.com I dealt with Dan their and he was a big help.

I found a page with codes that may help too.
http://www.shane.roberts.net/obd2_17.htm
it's for a 99 cobra, but all emissions stuff is the same

Good luck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts