DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Still Slow
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of heads on my 351W that are made in mexico, they are for a 77 mustang, I know they had a 2bbl and 4bbl 351W 77 mustang in mexico but I can not find ANY information on these heads, does anyone know the valve size, flow, or even just the stock horsepower for a 77 351W Mex mustang?? Any info would be GREAT. Thanks in advance.

· Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Tell me the casting #'s and I'll look them up for you.
The only problem I'm having is I dont remember the little mustang II having a 351 in them. But what the hell i cant remember everything.
E-mail me the #'s [email protected]

Charlie

· Darkside
20,179 Posts
mach1 said:
they didnt have 351's in the usa but I beleive they did in mexico

I would like to see a fact finding mission done on this subject. I find it very hard to believe. I'm not bashing.....just seriously doubting.:) :confused:

· Still Slow
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i would also like more info on it :) go to autozone and select that you have a 77 ford mustang and it will ask for mexico and let u have a 4bbl and a 2bbl option, the casting on the heads says that they are 77 mustang heads but they are from mexico. if anyone has any info that would be GREAT! :)

· Banned
31,053 Posts
probably nothing special about them... possibly a higher nickel content, but that'll probably just hurt you in the weight dept.

the BLOCKS are desirable, but I've never heard anything about the heads...

also, I would be shocked/amazed if they crammed a Windsor into a Mustang II from the factory... a 302 looks like they built the car around it...

Forrest

· The Fastest of the Fast
8,014 Posts
302 mexican blocks have higher nickel content. The only heads that came 4v 2v are 351 clevelands....those are bigtime different. But the 77 windsor must have been in a van or smoething...not in the mustang II. Nothin different from regualr 351 heads......port them, get bigger valves....its just a damn 289/302 head with a bigger combustion chamber

· Banned
31,053 Posts
actually, the late 60's/early 70's 302 heads came 2v and 4v (though they're always called "2bbl" and "4bbl") the 4bbl heads had smaller chambers...

this brings me back to the fact that I doubt it was a Windsor... I've never heard of a Mexican Windsor... 302's, yes, but no 351's

Forrest

· Darkside
20,179 Posts
Forrest said:
probably nothing special about them... possibly a higher nickel content, but that'll probably just hurt you in the weight dept.

the BLOCKS are desirable, but I've never heard anything about the heads...

also, I would be shocked/amazed if they crammed a Windsor into a Mustang II from the factory... a 302 looks like they built the car around it...

Forrest
Blocks and heads from mexico do not contain more nickel content. Hell, they can't afford to make anything that nice. The blocks showed a little thicker webbing in areas. Thats about it. Thats what made them desirable. The company that I work for owns a company or two in mexico. Trust me the metal they used is much to be desired. I sure would like to see a picture of that 351 stuffed in there. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.