DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an A9L computer and harness for my 88 GT to convert to mass air. When I was running the new harness there was 1 plug on the new harness and 2 plugs on the old harness that plug in by the drivers fender well. Which leaves 1 plug that has nothing to plug into from the old harness. I know this plug controls the fuel pump. There is also a plug on the new harness located in the passenger kick panel by the computer that has nothing to plug into as well as 2 little white plugs by the mass air sensor. Can anybody help me. Thanks

·
Old Timer
4,027 Posts
Kennyb5_0 said:
I just bought an A9L computer and harness for my 88 GT to convert to mass air. When I was running the new harness there was 1 plug on the new harness and 2 plugs on the old harness that plug in by the drivers fender well. Which leaves 1 plug that has nothing to plug into from the old harness. I know this plug controls the fuel pump. There is also a plug on the new harness located in the passenger kick panel by the computer that has nothing to plug into as well as 2 little white plugs by the mass air sensor. Can anybody help me. Thanks
http://www.stangnet.com/tech/maf/massairconversion.html

Easier to just read it yourself.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I'm understanding correctly, the harness I bought was from a '92. Is there a way to make this work or am I going to have to bite the bullet and buy a harness from an '89 - '91 ??

·
Old Timer
4,027 Posts
Kennyb5_0 said:
If I'm understanding correctly, the harness I bought was from a '92. Is there a way to make this work or am I going to have to bite the bullet and buy a harness from an '89 - '91 ??
Just go buy the Mass Air Conversion Harness.

Dallas Mustang Sells them I know.

Lots of people want to make the conversion harder than it is. Just buy the harness, move a couple wires in your main harness, plug the new one in, and run 3 wires. Its not that hard.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Dacotua said:
Just go buy the Mass Air Conversion Harness.

Dallas Mustang Sells them I know.

Lots of people want to make the conversion harder than it is. Just buy the harness, move a couple wires in your main harness, plug the new one in, and run 3 wires. Its not that hard.
this is your best option. then sell the 92 harness to someone else. it would be good for someone doing a v8 swap into a 92.

the only other option i would consider is to find a matching (92) chasis harness to swap into your car, but that is a ton of work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts