DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Have good and get give!!!
2,323 Posts
I can't believe that it's been 23 years already!!! It feels like yesterday!!!

That was truly one of the saddest days of my R&R youth... :mad:

·
1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 f0 lyfe!
7,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Exactly... Seems like just a few short days ago when I heard Randy for the first time, bought a classical guitar and took lessons only to be able to play some snippits of shit here and there.

·
Premium Member
5,741 Posts
88hatch5_0 said:
He looks familiar, but who is he? I was only 3 then, sorry.
randy rhoads....i wasnt even born yet

·
1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 f0 lyfe!
7,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ah... youth... LOL

88hatch5_0 said:
He looks familiar, but who is he? I was only 3 then, sorry.
He started up with Quiet Riot in the late 70's and went on to play on two studio albums with Ozzy Osbourne, Blizzard of Oz and Diary of a Madman.
He was and is still the best heavy metal guitar shredder ever.

·
That's what she said!
3,896 Posts
SS RRR said:
Ah... youth... LOL

He started up with Quiet Riot in the late 70's and went on to play on two studio albums with Ozzy Osbourne, Blizzard of Oz and Diary of a Madman.
He was and is still the best heavy metal guitar shredder ever.
How did he die? Drugs? Car accident?

·
1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 f0 lyfe!
7,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He was on tour with Ozzy and decided to go up in a puddle jumper with someone involved in the tour who claimed to be a pilot. Supposedly the pilot was fucking around and dive bombed Ozzy's bus, clipped it and crashed.

·
That's what she said!
3,896 Posts
SS RRR said:
He was on tour with Ozzy and decided to go up in a puddle jumper with someone involved in the tour who claimed to be a pilot. Supposedly the pilot was fucking around and dive bombed Ozzy's bus, clipped it and crashed.
Damn that sucks, that was going to be my next guess.. a plane crash.

·
Samurai Schmuck
1,908 Posts
Damn, Time flies. R.I.P. Randy. Never had a chance to see him live with Ozzy. :mad: All the kids I grew up with that played guitar (including myslef) always tried to emulate what he had done. They're will never be another with the tone, technique, and inflection of the great Randy Rhoads. Some of you younger whipper-snappers should definitely check it out.

Great thread, BTW.......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts