DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
KOTS
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me out here... I just went from a t-5 to a c4 and all I need to know is what wires that come out of the driver side tunnel do I cut and splice together to allow the car to start? Thanks. Someone told me it was Green and orange???

·
Krylon
873 Posts
Heheh....

I ran into the same problem...

There is a round plug with 4 prongs, and 4 wires coming out of it.

If you can get a friend to turn the key to crank while you're underneath its fairly simple to find em. There is one of the 4 that is constant hot....Watch out for that one....

Good luck, I believe they are all red witha blue tracer-you got the clutch pedal ones?

-Sean

·
World Record Holder!
11,061 Posts
BoostedGT said:
Well, the blue with red strip wire is what starts the car. On a T5 harness, it makes a loop on the T5 connector. If you don't have the T5 connector still plugged in you will have to splice the two blue/red stripe wires together under the car and slice the two blue/red strip wires on the clutch switch.

The starter circuit goes from the ignition swithc to the clucth switch to the transmission harness and then to the starter solenoid.

·
KOTS
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I finally got it to start... I just crossed each wire in that harness with each other... Finally found the right sequence... One sequence made the car start right when you turned the ignition on, that was sorta scary hehe... But the right combo for me was Red/blue with white... Thanks for all the help guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.