DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
UNFUCKWITHABLE
Joined
·
12,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new fuel system is almost done!

I went from totally stock with a 3/8" hardline and mech. pump to this setup.
It's a sumped tank, Aeromotive elec. pump, Aeromotive filter, Mallory bypass regulator, and -8AN Socketless hose taking care of the feeding and returning.

I'm waiting on two back ordered 45* -8AN fittings for this Socketless Hose, then i can finally put this project to rest and drive it again... oh and I have to wire the pump.

But at any rate, getting this shit done made my day :cool:


- Matt
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,355 Posts
Looks good. How bad was the install? Are you using a Master Power booster? I've been thinking about getting one for my 71 Camaro.
 

·
Cummins > Powerstroke
Joined
·
19,065 Posts
Looks good but get rid of those hideous red heater hoses. Vatozone and just about everyone sells nice black hose
 

·
UNFUCKWITHABLE
Joined
·
12,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
8mpg said:
Looks good but get rid of those hideous red heater hoses. Vatozone and just about everyone sells nice black hose
Yeah, I know :eek:
When I did the Vintage Air unit installation, the red hose was all I had laying around, and I haven't gotten around to doing anything about it. Soon though!

Kobuzz, yes, that booster is part of the kit from Master Power Brakes. I love 'em, and I dont remember anything too bad about the conversion (I went from 4 manual drums to the power front discs).


- Matt
 

·
oh shit, he saw a mexican
Joined
·
2,907 Posts
Nice work but you know that your not suppose to use teflon on those
kinda lines and fittings cause they can clog up your fuel system

Liquid teflon can be used but its still recommended to install tight and bare
 

·
UNFUCKWITHABLE
Joined
·
12,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
XR_1 said:
Nice work but you know that your not suppose to use teflon on those
kinda lines and fittings cause they can clog up your fuel system

Liquid teflon can be used but its still recommended to install tight and bare

The teflon is only on the NPT fittings. I probably should have used the paste, but I treid to make sure that there were no stray pieces of the tape near the openings in the fittings.
The AN fittings are put together bare just how they're supposed to be :)
 

·
founder
Joined
·
1,196 Posts
looks good...I have that pump on my car and the only bad thing about it is that it will really only pump fuel that is level with it, like if the fuel level gets lower than the pump it has a really hard time pumping it. I think It was really designed for fuel cells where the pump is lower than the tank so you will have to keep the tank pretty full. just my .02 looks good though looks nice
 

·
UNFUCKWITHABLE
Joined
·
12,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nmra310 said:
looks good...I have that pump on my car and the only bad thing about it is that it will really only pump fuel that is level with it, like if the fuel level gets lower than the pump it has a really hard time pumping it. I think It was really designed for fuel cells where the pump is lower than the tank so you will have to keep the tank pretty full. just my .02 looks good though looks nice

:(

You're the second person to mention something like that to me in as many weeks.
Oh well, it's staying there for now. It's a weekend car anyway, so keeping the tank full won't be a problem.


- Matt
 

·
Under pressure!!
Joined
·
4,322 Posts
(Daprez) Looks slow....(Daprez) :D :D nice man
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top