DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey.. guy's how do you like your Mac long tube headers?? I have heard bad things about them,, fitment issues.. and the like.. is it just bullshit or what?? thanks.

·
Registered
165 Posts
a serious pain in the ass to install, and i dont really like their hts coating, but i have to say i'm very pleased with the power my mac lt's are making.

·
Premium Member
13,083 Posts
Im actually pretty happy with mine the install wasnt bad they do barely tap on the underside of the car when I romp on it no big deal to me they sound good and for $150 brand new Im not complaining 1 bit

·
OLD SCHOOL crew
11,619 Posts
After using higher quality products I don't like MAC. I thought fighting to get exhaust parts to fit was the norm. The pro-chamber is a BITCH!...and their 1 3/4 longtubes are even tougher. Their catbacks also look shity. The tailpipes look as if they are parallel with the ground or inverted, rather than following the upward slope of the stockers. If you can afford it get BBK atleast, but if you can't mac is better than a lot of real junk out there.

·
"To Punish and Enslave.."
1,014 Posts
I had to buy Mac cause I have an AOD. I had mine ceramic coated. Install on an AOD is more difficult then a 5 speed. I'm very happy with them so far. No fitting problems. Just have to jack the motor up, take off the motor mounts and disconnect the steering shaft and they drop right in.

·
Foxaholic
7,351 Posts
mustvid said:
I had to buy Mac cause I have an AOD. I had mine ceramic coated. Install on an AOD is more difficult then a 5 speed. I'm very happy with them so far. No fitting problems. Just have to jack the motor up, take off the motor mounts and disconnect the steering shaft and they drop right in.
Yep, his headers turned out really nice and fit rather well once the mounts were out of the way. Not one leak. Had to cut the hangers off of the prochamber H-pipe, but I have had to do the same thing on BBK longtube H-pipes as well.

·
Registered
132 Posts
The only problem I had was how MAC has the single exhaust flanges that can be a pain in the ass if they are bent slightly. I know there are other companies that have a single exhaust flange that are all connected that fit alot better.

·
WFO Team Kicks Ass!!!
1,293 Posts
i agree, go with the BBK's, MAC suck especially with the individual flanges. after they heat up and you take them off, when you try to put them back on, it is a bitch. BBK's always fit real nice and have no clearance problems. They fit my 5 speed, but i dont know about autos.

·
Registered
159 Posts
They suck

I will never buy from them again. I had a set that didnt fit right. They told me to send them back and they would send me a new set. Never heard from them again Called and replied several times. They got me for about $165. Assholes!!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts