DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Keep jocking
9,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had goodluck with my BFG's but I was wondering what everybody thought of the new M/T's. I cut 1.6's on bald bfg's but they seem to wear down really fast. Any opinions on which one to go with?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
JMAC said:
I've had goodluck with my BFG's but I was wondering what everybody thought of the new M/T's. I cut 1.6's on bald bfg's but they seem to wear down really fast. Any opinions on which one to go with?
I wouldnt be surprized if spankustang chimed in any minute to tell you how much he liked his M/Ts. M/ts all the way

·
Full tilt boogie !!
10,207 Posts
as soon as my ET streets are gone, I am gonna buy the MT radials. I have heard nothing but good things.......hell they are so good they have been outlawed in the drag radial classes.

·
you cant see me
15,960 Posts
JMAC said:
what a stupid question, do you really have to ask?

·
Is it cold in here?
7,371 Posts
juiced93coupe said:
I wouldnt be surprized if spankustang chimed in any minute to tell you how much he liked his M/Ts. M/ts all the way

I've had good luck with them!!
Had a best 60' of 1.54 on a little 275 60 15
That's better than with some 27 11.5 Hoosier quick time pro

·
Darkside
20,120 Posts
I am gettin the MT's with out a doubt. Pretty much a no brainer.

·
UNFUCKWITHABLE
12,482 Posts
From the new Car Craft:
(May 2005, p.32)

The Drag Radial Controversy

A few months ago we mentioned that Rick Head of Innovative Turbo had taken the ultimate ET for a drag radial car: 7.66 @ 186mph. We failed to mention that he did it on Mickey Thompson ET Street Radials, and the guys at M/T begged for clarification. Why Not just for the free plug but because the M/Ts are in the middle of a battle in the drag radial marketplace that started when NMRA refused to allow M/T radials to compete in radial classes. The NMRA says Mickeys would stink up the class, basically because they are too good. Sure enough, when the PSCA on the West Coast had M/T as the spec tire, everyone went three-tenths quicker. The M/T is an evil, sticky meat.

If that's not proof enough, I dont know what is.

EDIT: Here's the second half, since it was brought up.:

The big question is, what's the point of drag radial racing? It's already esteablished that it's not for average street rubber. So who decides how sticky a drag radial is allowed to be? And, when other drag radials come to market from other bigger, more heavily funded companies, will they be allowed to race? Do sticky tires ruin the intent? Watch the controversy play out in the coming year.

- David Freiburger

- Matt

·
Still Slow
2,594 Posts
Stroked71Bowtie said:
From the new Car Craft:
(May 2005, p.32)

If that's not proof enough, I dont know what is.

- Matt
Oh sorry your tires work too good so you cant use them, thats bullshit on the NMRA's part, arnt tires supposed to stick? I guess BFG's big pocketbooks wins the battle.......

·
UNFUCKWITHABLE
12,482 Posts
mach1 said:
Oh sorry your tires work too good so you cant use them, thats bullshit on the NMRA's part, arnt tires supposed to stick? I guess BFG's big pocketbooks wins the battle.......
I left out the last few lines of that short article... but since you brought up the controversy... here it is...

well, i'll edit it into the previous post.

·
Darkside
20,120 Posts
How much are they at Lonestar?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts