·
Cummins > Powerstroke
18,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·

·
Arbeit Macht Frei
19,918 Posts
Still no power Tim?

Last I talked to my parents they still didnt have power either, lost everything in the fridge and the house was getting pretty toasty, 3 days and counting:mad:

·
Cummins > Powerstroke
18,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Still no power Tim?

Last I talked to my parents they still didnt have power either, lost everything in the fridge and the house was getting pretty toasty, 3 days and counting:mad:
power as of 10:30am... they had to replace a fuse or something. They replaced it and it exploded...a small tree branch was touching the line. Asked them if they were going to trim the trees... "we are just contractors". Can you tell Encore they need to trim the trees...we have been asking them to for a year. "We are just contractors" :rolleyes:

·
IA2
22,150 Posts
If someone gets shocked down the line,you WILL be held responsible for it...I'd just spend the $250 for the transfer switch. Thats what i did at my lake property. When the power goes out I flip a switch,plug my generator in and im good...Mine will power 5 circuits. When power is restored its just a matter of flipping a switch and killing the generator.
yes, that's why i said it is highly illegal :wave:

BUT, if you have some common sense and turn off the main breaker first then you won't shock anybody down the line.

If you have the $250 for the transfer switch and $1000 to have an electrician wire it in then go for it, its much safer.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Well, my parents are looking for a generator for the house. They want one of the big ones that will power the entire house and switch on automatically at the circuit breaker when power is stopped. They have had it with the power loss at the house. Last time there was the huge storm, they lost power for 5 days...this time isnt looking much better.

Any suggestions on where to look or brands? Anyone have a hookup?

I know HD/Lowes carries some...but thats about it
Try ebay; after Rita I bought two Generators and both were barely used and looked brand new.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.