DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Genetically Blessed
13,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i have been looking at an electron blue 2002 z06. wasn't going to be ready but the dealer is offering no payments for 3 months (gettinng married next month, that's why i was going to wait). anyways, a guy from z06vette.com referred me to 21st century muscle cars to let them check it out for me before i move forward. anyone else on here that can second that, or offer any other good , vette familiar, shops that could check this car out for me, top to bottom, before i decide to go ahead with it?

details, EB 02 z06, 21K miles. exterior looks flawless, dealer is asking a bit too much given the market right now, but said he does have room to work. if i can get what i need for my trade in, 99 gt, and he can get to where i need, i think i might pick this up.

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
21st century is top notch, im looking for a Z and as soon as i get it it will be going there for a mini-tub job. Are you looking at the EB Z at Crest?

·
Genetically Blessed
13,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they are asking 34K. if they can move to where i need them, can get what i need for my trade in (99 stang GT with 67K miles), then i'm really thinking of going with it.

·
#1 HEAT FAN!!
2,531 Posts
slow99 said:
they are asking 34K. if they can move to where i need them, can get what i need for my trade in (99 stang GT with 67K miles), then i'm really thinking of going with it.
thats way too much, I'll sell you a 2003 z06 30k miles for 34k and I'll take your mustang on trade in

·
Genetically Blessed
13,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
picked it up,

well they came down a bit, gave me more for my trade in, so a nice EB z06 is sitting in my garage as i type. amazing car, still under factory warranty, definitely has a lot more balls than my stang, will have to get used to it.

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
slow99 said:
well they came down a bit, gave me more for my trade in, so a nice EB z06 is sitting in my garage as i type. amazing car, still under factory warranty, definitely has a lot more balls than my stang, will have to get used to it.

wow, congrats bud. I went to 4 dealerships yesterday looking for/at Z06's but didnt find anything. Tell me, now that you have driven it some, is it all you thought it was cracked up to be? Is it still badass driving it? no second thoughts or regrets? (trying to decide whether to get a used modded Z or a sportbike/diesel truck.

·
Genetically Blessed
13,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well, we had a wedding shower last night, so i've only got about an hour and a half of seat time in it. that's what today is for, probably gonna put about 200 miles on her today starting in about 20 minutes. let me tell you, it's a pretty dam sweet ride, looks, acceleration, the entire package. honestly i still haven't gotten into it 100%, i took one of my groomsmen to be, on a quick ride last night, he's a car guy and a sherrif's deputy, he's been in some fast cars and routinely rags the sh1t out of his squad car. afer we did a 20 to 75 punch, he was feeling pretty good. almost took his breath away , if you're not ready for it. i have a buddy with a 350rwhp camaro ss, i've ridden in a few times, sotp isn't THAT much different, but you can tell the z would take it.

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
slow99 said:
well, we had a wedding shower last night, so i've only got about an hour and a half of seat time in it. that's what today is for, probably gonna put about 200 miles on her today starting in about 20 minutes. let me tell you, it's a pretty dam sweet ride, looks, acceleration, the entire package. honestly i still haven't gotten into it 100%, i took one of my groomsmen to be, on a quick ride last night, he's a car guy and a sherrif's deputy, he's been in some fast cars and routinely rags the sh1t out of his squad car. afer we did a 20 to 75 punch, he was feeling pretty good. almost took his breath away , if you're not ready for it. i have a buddy with a 350rwhp camaro ss, i've ridden in a few times, sotp isn't THAT much different, but you can tell the z would take it.

awesome, congrats. sounds like we are in similiar boats. I just went with the g/f yesterday to look at rings, and looks like ill be spending $16k large on her ring :eek: Wow what kinda mods i could do to the Z with that coin. Have fun, and give us a ride report when you get back.........

·
Genetically Blessed
13,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
will do man, and pm where you're going for the ring, i got a h3ll of a deal on my fiancee's stone. i mean people stop us all the time when we're out to look at it, it blings like an s.o.b., and i didn't pay NEAR what people think i did. 2 appraisals, each more than double what i paid. she's got a hair over a carat and a half, and i did not go broke buying it.

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
slow99 said:
will do man, and pm where you're going for the ring, i got a h3ll of a deal on my fiancee's stone. i mean people stop us all the time when we're out to look at it, it blings like an s.o.b., and i didn't pay NEAR what people think i did. 2 appraisals, each more than double what i paid. she's got a hair over a carat and a half, and i did not go broke buying it.

well, actually ill give you the skinny on what we found yesterday.

was a D, VS1, 1.55 ct, princess for $12,600

how does that compare to prices you saw and got?

·
Genetically Blessed
13,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
those are good rating, that price isn't bad. we got a custom cut, looks very similar to a princess, but it is kinda rounded on the edges, it's called a cushette cut. the guy i use, in one of only a handful of dealers here that sells them. my girl likes that it's custom and nobody else has one. that's a h3ll of a stone on those rating you posted, if that price is at a retailer i highle recommend you give my guy a call before you make it a done deal.

and, i'm hijacking my own thread!! the z06 is fixing to go for a cruise, runninhorn, i'll check the board when i get back, let me know if you want my guy's info.

·
Genetically Blessed
13,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
also, let me tell you, a round cut stone at the same weight is going to appear to be significantly larger than a princess, or the cushette cut my fiancee has. and, after weeks of looking and lots of research, in my opinion, the easiest thing to do to cut down price substantially is to look at an "E" instead of a "D". they're still in the colorless scale, believe me people would have to holding your girl's hand under a microscope to tell any difference, and can be a pretty substantial difference in price.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts