DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
DRAMA FREE!
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a guy that is doing the install for me but with Jegs and Summit, you have to pay that huge arse truck freight fee and i would rather pay tax locally... anyone know where to get an 8 point roll bar for a 90 Lx HB??

·
parts pusher
21,987 Posts
i'am in the market also..so ttt!!

·
parts pusher
21,987 Posts
you remove your own interior??

·
R.E.N.G.
2,919 Posts
wolfe is high, but by far the best fit, especially for fox body

·
NOT the Oldest Fart HERE
4,427 Posts
brink racecraft

Mike Brink Off I 30 in Grand prairie or Irving-- super quality work but expect to pay for it.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Well, a Jegs: 8 point cage
Jig Nothched
152.99+ 89.00 shipping

Seems like a good deal for a jig notched cage and you get 2 more points than a Wolfe. I am NOT doubting Wolfe's work but its all the same material on the cages just fitment.

SO does anyone have a Jegs cage installed with pics so we can see the fitment you get from a Jegs cage?

<-ProStarPony

·
Narcissistic fade away
17,504 Posts
I can promise that the Jegs and Summit Jig Notched cages are not worth a shit. The last one that I put in was shitty to say the least. Not to mention that the overall fitment of the cage was BAD. The CE cages don't have the additional angles at the top of the cage that follow the body lines of the car - therefore it hangs down lower in the car (you can see it from the outside of the car) The shoulder bars have NO bends in them - so you can see them above the door line.
I would say it takes at least a day to install a CE 8 point and make it look as good as possible.
I would also say that it takes a day to install a Wolfe CAGE and make it look badass. Not to mention Wolfe's cage comes with scribe lines on it - So you simply hold the bars on the scribe lines and tack them in place.. after they are all tacked come back and finish weld the whole thing and you are done.

Hope this helps. :(

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
THX Turbostang... I was looking for that statement.. I dont mind spending the cash for the Wolfe cage but I was hoping to do other things with the money as well as the cage... oh well, cage is not something to go cheap on.. THX ;) Gues I am giving Wolfe a call then.. Anyone got a hookup? :D :D

<-ProStarPony again

·
Narcissistic fade away
17,504 Posts
Poisond281 said:
THX Turbostang... I was looking for that statement.. I dont mind spending the cash for the Wolfe cage but I was hoping to do other things with the money as well as the cage... oh well, cage is not something to go cheap on.. THX ;) Gues I am giving Wolfe a call then.. Anyone got a hookup? :D :D

<-ProStarPony again
No prob.. good luck.

·
Ide fuck her in the ass..
42,923 Posts
everyone who asks for cage help i will always recommend James Burns, pm michael kilgore for details, not the awesome quality of wolfe but mearly a fraction of there price...and it still looks very good...he did my 10 point and welded in lee earleys cage, and his prices are the best you will find around...

·
wishin i had a fast car
4,643 Posts
Da Prez said:
everyone who asks for cage help i will always recommend James Burns, pm michael kilgore for details, not the awesome quality of wolfe but mearly a fraction of there price...and it still looks very good...he did my 10 point and welded in lee earleys cage, and his prices are the best you will find around...

I will totally agree with ya Prez, James boes awesome work and is one hell of a nice guy.

·
DRAMA FREE!
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well, the deal I have going is that our welder at work owes me a favor for a motor that I gave him and is welding my cage in for free. So, I dont need someone to install just a perfect fit, prefabed roll cage.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts