DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Ultimate X-phoria
19,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As primarily a windows guy I decided to load Linux on an extra box I have to get familiar with it (so far that's been a mistake). Right now I can't get the graphic interface to load. I have verified I have the right video card and monitor drivers installed and even went as far as reloading the whole OS, but it still will not load. When I log in, it flickers and gives me the following error message "I cannot start the X server (your graphical interface). It is likely that it is not set up correctly. Would you like to view the X server output to diagnose the problem? If I say yes I get the "fatal server error: no screens found"

anybody got any ideas?

·
¯\(º_o)/¯
25,373 Posts
Its probably just an incorrect monitor refresh rate setup. Did you ever get that box online so I can connect to it and set it up correctly? You can message me on aim ;)

·
Ultimate X-phoria
19,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AbecX said:
Its probably just an incorrect monitor refresh rate setup. Did you ever get that box online so I can connect to it and set it up correctly? You can message me on aim ;)
No, I reloaded the whole OS after it failed to connect to the network. Man, you got upset the other day with people bothering you with linux crap and I know I took up at least an hour of your time with it so I decided to leave you alone. How can I go in change the refresh rate now that i'm already past the setup?

·
¯\(º_o)/¯
25,373 Posts
Hollywood said:
No, I reloaded the whole OS after it failed to connect to the network. Man, you got upset the other day with people bothering you with linux crap and I know I took up at least an hour of your time with it so I decided to leave you alone. How can I go in change the refresh rate now that i'm already past the setup?
Sorry if I made you feel like that! I'm a busy guy at work lately and its annoying that I cant help as much as I would like.

To change the refresh rate you can edit /etc/X11/XF86Config I'm not sure what the new tool is in 8.0 to edit the x setup, I've always used Xconfigurator.

·
Premium Member
1,806 Posts
AbecX said:
Sorry if I made you feel like that! I'm a busy guy at work lately and its annoying that I cant help as much as I would like.

To change the refresh rate you can edit /etc/X11/XF86Config I'm not sure what the new tool is in 8.0 to edit the x setup, I've always used Xconfigurator.
in 8.0 it's XF86Config

·
¯\(º_o)/¯
25,373 Posts
Kaji98Z said:
Did AbecX just get schooled on something Linux?
Linux is a kernel, that was a distro based tool. So no.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts