DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Hustlin'
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone on here own/drive/know anything about these (mid 90's models 94-97)? In terms of reliability, quality, maintainence costs, parts availibility, etc...

The GF is looking at a nice one right now and I just want to know if I can fix it when it brakes ;)

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Scott

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
I had a 1995 Lexus ES300 loaded with 96K on the clock, I had to replace power steering pump, upper and lower engine mounts, valve cover gaskets, had to have the valve stem seals replaced in the cylinder heads. Engine coolant flush, TB flush, injector flush, replaced spark plugs. It was a good car and very quite and smooth drive. I would recommend a 97 because it should be lower mileage and they revised them in 97.

·
Hustlin'
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, anyone else?

·
Hustlin'
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good deal....

Looks like the deal my GF was working went through. Pics comming

Supposed to be white/silver

·
Hustlin'
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pimp!!!!!!

Good JOB ANN!

Very nice!

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Sweet, looks like a 95 with the gold package. How many thousand miles does it have on it?

·
Hustlin'
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its 80 something, not sure...due for timing belt soon.

She says its super nice, Think its a 96, I'll check it out tonight and get better shots tomorrow I hope

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
blacksn95 said:
its 80 something, not sure...due for timing belt soon.

She says its super nice, Think its a 96, I'll check it out tonight and get better shots tomorrow I hope
Its past due for the timing belt. 60k is when you are supposed to do it and also have the valve cover gaskets checked and make sure to get all the plugs replaced. Take it to Toyota of Richardson and have them do the work, they charge alot less than Lexus and do the same work.

·
Hustlin'
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My thoughts were also that a 60 mile timing belt was in order. I'll pass that along. Don't you work at a toyota dealer? Toy of Richardson?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts