DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Hustlin'
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's got em, where'd you get it. I want quality, wood, and something that is capable of holding sheets so I don't have to make a bed on a 'per sleep' basis.

This would make for a nice solution in my limited space and allow for more walk/work space in my crib.

Any good retailers for these in DFW or maybe online. On a side note, if anyone is selling on I'd be interested in examining it.

Thanks!

Scott

·
Premium Member
2,002 Posts
futons are so freaking uncomfortable to sleep on if you are planning on sleeping on it regularly forget about it, but if it is just for occasional company it is great. there is a place in deep ellum i don't remember the name but it has a lot of futons it is right down the street from the galaxy club away from downtown. they have a good selection nice wood ones and stuff and there is a place off of the tollway at frankford called danish inspirations i haven't been there in a long time they have but when i did they sold them they are a little more expensive but worth the money from what i remember.

good luck

·
Premium Member
2,002 Posts
you could also pm 2k2ls1 and ask him if his bro is interested in selling his it is just taking up room in his place i don't know if he will.

·
Poor Boy Racing
2,770 Posts
There is a place at 35 and Valley View in Farmers Branch that is like a warehouse futon place. I can't remember the name of it, I think its called like sleep solutions or something like that. I fixed the owners car a few years back, and he told me about the place so you might want to check it out.

·
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
21,924 Posts
Texas Futon Co. has a couple of locations around. We just got rid of ours a little while ago, or I'd give it to you. We used it as my oldest daughter's "first bed". She developed a nasty habit of climbing out of her crib and we were scared she'd kill herself. We got the futon because it was "low to the ground" for her.

I disagree with the uncomfortableness of the futon, it depends on how much you pay for the mattress. We got a coil-wrap mattress and it was pretty damn comfortable! Not as comfortable as my sealy pillowtop, but more than adequate.

·
Hustlin'
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the comments guys, I've had decent success w/ futon's as far as comfort, i'll try to find a real poffy one. I don't sleep a 'whole' lot on my bed, but honestly I bet a new nice futon would be more comfortable than my pos matress anyway ;)

Scott

·
Hustlin'
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
01WhiteCobra said:
Texas Futon Co. has a couple of locations around. We just got rid of ours a little while ago, or I'd give it to you. We used it as my oldest daughter's "first bed". She developed a nasty habit of climbing out of her crib and we were scared she'd kill herself. We got the futon because it was "low to the ground" for her.

I disagree with the uncomfortableness of the futon, it depends on how much you pay for the mattress. We got a coil-wrap mattress and it was pretty damn comfortable! Not as comfortable as my sealy pillowtop, but more than adequate.
That is 'comforting' to hear ;) I'll def. look into your suggestions!

Thanks a bunch guys

·
Punk Ass Bitch
11,088 Posts
blacksn95 said:
I don't sleep a 'whole' lot on my bed, but honestly I bet a new nice futon would be more comfortable than my pos matress anyway ;)

Scott
Do you sleep on the couch more often because you are always ripping ass in the bed? :p

G

·
I always thought Futons would suck too, but we just bought a new one. The friggin mattress on this bitch is 10inches thick! Very, very comfortable.

·
Hustlin'
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
KevinH78 said:
Do you sleep on the couch more often because you are always ripping ass in the bed? :p
Fraid not, I've dropped plenty of bombs on the ole bed! BTW, should I go w/ the futon I'll post up my frame/box/mattress in the forsale forum for offers. It'll go cheap.

·
Pro-Israel; Pro-War
582 Posts
futons/beds????

if anyone needs futons/beds, let me know. that is my business and I can get you a great deal on a great futon w/a Sealy innnerspring mattress and a good warranty...no particle board crap!!!! PM me about bedding or futons!!!!

·
Boost is Life
4,327 Posts
KevinH78 said:
His woman talks about it. :eek:
I can attest as well. I used to live with the bastard and could hear him in the living room even with his door closed!

·
Hustlin'
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ROFL, I recall one night dave managed to pass out on the floor in my room; A blast of not so fresh air woke him that morning. He still laughs about how my fart literly woke him up from a dead sleep!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts