DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· -----------------------
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went outside this afternoon and saw a little puddle of what looked like was water, but opened up my hood and found out that the battery has a crack on it somewhere. It is the original battery that came with the car. I do have an extended warranty on the car itself. It has leaked in the engine comparment of my 99 Tahoe and corroded my A/C condenser lines, the battery tray completely, and even the frame in some places. I had a plastic flap in the right front wheelwell but it was only hanging by one plastic tab left b/c the acid had eaten through the other 4. I don't care about the battery but what about everything else it has torn up? I poured some coke on the corroded parts and it ate it off quickly, but I do not know how deep some of the corrosion has actually weakened the lines and frame. I did not know if anyone has ever dealt with this issue before. The mustang would not start this morning and now this. When it rains, it pours.

· Registered
367 Posts
take that to the dealer and tell them to fix they should with out any problem. if not than contact the head office of chevy they will make sure it will get taken care of. the same thing happened to my mothers. but they should take care of it. let me know how it goes. if they give you shit let me know and i will help you out.

· Premium Member
1,879 Posts
firemandgs said:
take that to the dealer and tell them to fix they should with out any problem. if not than contact the head office of chevy they will make sure it will get taken care of. the same thing happened to my mothers. but they should take care of it. let me know how it goes. if they give you shit let me know and i will help you out.
Did this happen to a Tahoe you owned? A friend at work just mentioned this sort of thing to me today about her 2001 Tahoe. The battery cracked and ate the windshield washer tank. She took it in for service and they replaced the battery and the tank as far as she knows. Not sure of any other damage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.