DFW Mustang Forums banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

· Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
so here is a little more update pics, got some of the tile done and the island done, i still have to grout and caulk some of the tiles but its getting there, being sick doesnt help. that and my little girls trying to help me

the island

the new cast iron sink

i have to trim the tops of the drawers on the island they dont quite clear, and still have to put the base molding on

and a shot of some of the tile in the dining room next to the front living room

· WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!
10,853 Posts
I think you have done an outstanding job.

However, I do have a suggestion. On the counter tops, the edges of the granite tile are showing along the top edge. Those are unfinished edges and you might not like that look. However you can polish those edges to make them look like the rest of the granite. IMO that would give it a much more finished look.

But then, you might have already thought of this.

Again, outstanding job. Definitely something to be proud of.

· WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!
10,853 Posts
thanks, and yes i have im just trying to figure out the best way to polish them
Home Depot sells kits for this. They sell Granite 2 Go counter tops. You basically need a grinder with multiple sanding / polishing pads. You start with the low grit pads and work your way up to the higher grit pads.

Go to a Home Depot that sells Granite 2 Go (most of them do) and find the guy that handles it. He can point you towards the polishing kits.

I also found a good video on the subject:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak6XnQCRy1E

· Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
without the apliances, im prolly about 15 to 1600, but i did spend about 300 on the sink and faucet, and about 550 sq ft of 16x16 tile too and i had to buy a few tools. im also doing my second bath and laundry room as well, i just have not gotten that far yet

41 - 51 of 51 Posts