Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Lube

Votes: 4 36.4%
1 - 20 of 700 Posts

·
Banned
10,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered some 12K HID lights for both my Titan and RC51. Found an unbelievable deal and thought I would share in case anyone is interested. I hope this doesn't violate any forum rules, just trying to help out fellow riders. These are a great safety item, from the functionality of brighter light on the road and the fact that you are more visable to other cars. Hard to beat a HID kit for $150! The seller is also on ebay with 100% positive feedback but I ordered from their website. I'll post some pics as soon as I get them installed, should be here this week.

http://www.greatvaluemart.com/index.php

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
man i have 8ks they look sook but higher than 6000k HID and you lower you light output 12k looks sick in color, but has LIL visibilty man if any :(.
Not dogging just making sure you know bro.

·
Banned
10,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
agiraldo said:
man i have 8ks they look sook but higher than 6000k HID and you lower you light output 12k looks sick in color, but has LIL visibilty man if any :(.
Not dogging just making sure you know bro.
I'm thinking they will still work better than standard halogens, and I know they will be MUCH more visable to other traffic. They should be here this week, I'll post up pics and impressions once I install them.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Def. bro better than halogens..
Ive just experimented with all types of HID, and kits from 4300 stock lexus all the way up to 10ks....
the best for me has been 6k but i have 8k on my car for the look not the output lol
lots of glare

·
Banned
10,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thurston said:
does everything you need come in the package? how hard is the kit to install?
Yes everything is in the kit. The install is simple, completely plug and play (no wiring). You can literally have the kit working in less than two minutes. The hard part is finding a place to mount the ballasts on a sport bike, not a lot of room.

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
may I come and check them out in person? I have seen so many supposedly better lights on Ebay and at the auto parts stores that arent what they claim to be that I am very cautious about buying things without seeing them in person. Based on that last pic I am very interested in seeing them at night in person. They look pretty damn good.

·
We lost one.....
6,415 Posts
Damn you for posting this! I was planning on a lift kit for my Xterra but now I may just pick up a HID kit similar to yours. Gread find! Any night pics of the road while in the Titan?

·
Banned
10,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ram57ta said:
may I come and check them out in person? I have seen so many supposedly better lights on Ebay and at the auto parts stores that arent what they claim to be that I am very cautious about buying things without seeing them in person. Based on that last pic I am very interested in seeing them at night in person. They look pretty damn good.
Sure thing man, PM me if you wanna meet up sometime.

·
Banned
10,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mychael101 said:
Damn you for posting this! I was planning on a lift kit for my Xterra but now I may just pick up a HID kit similar to yours. Gread find! Any night pics of the road while in the Titan?

Here are a couple pics of the truck. As you can see they are very "blurple". Kinda wishing I went with 6K instead of 12K in the truck. Don't really want to draw attention to it.

·
Hustlin'
8,099 Posts
If my bike's headlights had projector housings, i'd get HID's for sure.

1 - 20 of 700 Posts