DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend Kevin is building up his 98 Stang and is pretty serious about getting good power and handling out of his Mustang (a hard thing to do, I know)

anyway we shot some video of it so far... and thought i'd share.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_AJ6t3VcfOs&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_AJ6t3VcfOs&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Already installed-
Exhaust-

* Bassani Off Road X-Pipe

Transmission-

* Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter

Chassis-

* Steeda Shock Tower Brace
* Maximum Motorsports Subframe Connectors

Cosmetics-

* Chrome Headlights
* Chrome Fog Lights

On The Waiting List-
Chassis-

* Steeda Strut Tower Brace

Suspension-

* H&R Sport Springs
* BBK Upper and Lower Control Arms
* Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber Plates
* Steeda Bumpsteer Kit
* Eibach Pro-Damper Shocks and Struts

Brakes-

* Ford Racing 13” Cobra Upgrade

Wheels and Tires-

* Front-17×9 2003 Cobra Wheels
* 255/40/17 Tires
* Rear-17×10.5 2003 Cobra Wheels
* 315/35/17 Tires

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
when are the engine mods comin?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know he is going to finish the suspension work first, then wheels and tires. He'll be getting to the engine probably in the next few months though.

·
Premium Member
36,166 Posts
I know he is going to finish the suspension work first, then wheels and tires. He'll be getting to the engine probably in the next few months though.
Poor kid doesn't know what he's in for... I bought that exact car (same color and wheels) new in '98, and had waaaay too much into it for only making 460hp to the wheels when I finally sold it. Hell, it was a big chunk of change to break 300hp N/A the first go 'round.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Poor kid doesn't know what he's in for... I bought that exact car (same color and wheels) new in '98, and had waaaay too much into it for only making 460hp to the wheels when I finally sold it. Hell, it was a big chunk of change to break 300hp N/A the first go 'round.
I'll have to agree, although I wish him the best.

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
x2 i had a 98 gt for my first mustang and it was so hard to make power with that thing. Plus i bet back in 98 it was a lot more expensive and there was less aftermarket in terms of the h/c/i set up.

imo they are the mustang ii of the 90's

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
x2 i had a 98 gt for my first mustang and it was so hard to make power with that thing. Plus i bet back in 98 it was a lot more expensive and there was less aftermarket in terms of the h/c/i set up.

imo they are the mustang ii of the 90's
well its his first project car and he's excited about it. we'll see where he is on it in a few months and what he thinks.

thanks for all the input guys!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Easy setup for the motor:
-teksid block
-H beam rods
-cobra crank
-Forged pistons
-Trickflow heads if he has the money

and a TURBO KIT!! :firedevil:

i have a '00 GT and i just put down 560hp/600tq to the wheels @ 15psi @ 4400 rpm....the rpm is soo low bc my dual cobra pumps arent enough. I'm looking forward to see what a full pull will look like (w/3 GT pumps), then turn up the boost to 21-22 psi. So don't let all these people scare you from building a 2v.

I'd also like to add that i have: stock intake, plenum, throttle body, cams, and heads (w/nextek high load springs). :)

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
-teksid block
-H beam rods
-cobra crank
-Forged pistons

i have a '00 GT and i just put down 560hp/600tq to the wheels @ 15psi @ 4400 rpm....the rpm is soo low bc my dual cobra pumps arent enough. I'm looking forward to see what a full pull will look like (w/3 GT pumps), then turn up the boost to 21-22 psi. So don't let all these people scare you from building a 2v.

I'd also like to add that i have: stock intake, plenum, throttle body, cams, and heads (w/nextek high load springs). :)
hmm that will only run about 15k and im sure if he had that kind of money he'd have bought a terminator.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
-teksid block
-H beam rods
-cobra crank
-Forged pistons

sounds sweet! any pics?

·
Registered
380 Posts
hmm that will only run about 15k and im sure if he had that kind of money he'd have bought a terminator.
Motor: about $2500 (can be found for less)
Turbo kit: $2000 (new)
Suspension for turbo kit: $300 (used)
Fuel setup: $200 for cobra setup (used), $250 injectors (new), $250 for mafia (new), $50 for 90mm lmaf (used)
Tuning: chip $75 (used), dyno tune $500

Total is $6125 :bigok:

You can pick up a 96-98GT for around $3k these days, so total cost w/car would be below $10k for a termi,viper,vette killer!

-or-

just keep the stock motor and be at around 420hp/500tq, with just a focus fuel pump and 42's. (my old setup)

·
Registered
380 Posts
sounds sweet! any pics?
short vid, but i'll get pics later

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/W0MuzIGEXXs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W0MuzIGEXXs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
short vid, but i'll get pics later

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/W0MuzIGEXXs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W0MuzIGEXXs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Looks good man!

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
Fuel setup: $200 for cobra setup (used), $250 injectors (new), $250 for mafia (new), $50 for 90mm lmaf (used)

You can pick up a 96-98GT for around $3k these days, so total cost w/car would be below $10k for a termi,viper,vette killer!

-or-

just keep the stock motor and be at around 420hp/500tq, with just a focus fuel pump and 42's. (my old setup)

yeah ok, 2k for the turbo? what do you want him to run the boost brothers kit? lol. 2500 for the motor? with a teksid block? its 2k for a rotating assembly not to mention the machine work and gaskets. to top it off the stock h/c/i will restrict that motor big time even with a turbo. what about supporting mods to the drive train?

it cost me $3000 just go build my 2v with out any h/c/i work + $500 for a teksid block

·
Registered
562 Posts

-or-

.......yeah a stock high mileage C5, a stock 03-04 cobra and a 1994 dodge viper R/T

·
Registered
380 Posts
yeah ok, 2k for the turbo? what do you want him to run the boost brothers kit? lol. 2500 for the motor? with a teksid block? its 2k for a rotating assembly not to mention the machine work and gaskets. to top it off the stock h/c/i will restrict that motor big time even with a turbo. what about supporting mods to the drive train?

it cost me $3000 just go build my 2v with out any h/c/i work + $500 for a teksid block
you gotta shop around or you're gonna get raped, which looks like you did. I took my time and sourced all my parts from here and other forums. I got my stuff for:
-teksid block $200
-04 cobra h-beams $250
-cobra crank $200
-New manley pistons $575
-machine work/assembly/misc took up the rest

I'm sorry you chose to pay soo much for everything. Check any forum and you will find similar prices. My buddy picked up a forged teksid shortblock off of here for $1250, it had cobra crank, 03 cobra h-beams, and manley pistons....rebuilt with ZERO miles.

i also got a forged teksid shortblock (probe internals) off corral for $1500

·
Registered
380 Posts
.......yeah a stock high mileage C5, a stock 03-04 cobra and a 1994 dodge viper R/T
right because 560hp/600tq to the wheels will barely beat those :wtf1: re-read the thread, the 410/500 numbers were with a stock block......and even with that it would smoke each of those. :AR15firing:

stock mileage c5= around 300 to the wheels
stock 03-04 cobra= around 360 to the wheels
stock 94 viper?= lol

you find me one of each and put your money where your mouth is, i have a feeling you'll change your mind when money is on the line.

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
you gotta shop around or you're gonna get raped, which looks like you did. I took my time and sourced all my parts from here and other forums. I got my stuff for:
-teksid block $200
-04 cobra h-beams $250
-cobra crank $200
-New manley pistons $575
-machine work/assembly/misc took up the rest

I'm sorry you chose to pay soo much for everything. Check any forum and you will find similar prices. My buddy picked up a forged teksid shortblock off of here for $1250, it had cobra crank, 03 cobra h-beams, and manley pistons....rebuilt with ZERO miles.

i also got a forged teksid shortblock (probe internals) off corral for $1500
no. its b/c i stroked mine, which you mine as well do when you have everything apart. plus i wanted all brand new shit and not have to worry about doing it all over again because i bought some shit off a forum. i will buy some things off forums but not internals.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts