DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
I gots famous friends
9,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All my passes tonite were clean passes and I worked on the tree a little, some good lites and some not so good.

Best pass was a 6.78 @ 102.9 @ 12 PSI

I upped the boost to 14 PSI and ran 6.8 @ 104 but I spun and the 60' suffered.

I wound up in the lanes where they were doing the domestic shootout bracket stuff and since it was a short lane I figured what the heck and dialed in a 6.80.

I ran 6.81 @ 104 on the first one and won, running down a 9.52 dail in car. I cut a .144 light on that one.

Next a 6.805 @ 104.57 against a 8.9 dial in, with a .549 light.. got lucky on that one.

Next a bye run: 6.9 @ 92, just messing around and getting down the track with out redlighting or breaking out.

Last race I tried to cut down the tree against a 9.60 dial in car and redlighted with a -.061 R/T, spun real bad and ran a 6.92 @ 104.85..... I got a 2nd place trophy out of the deal.

Basically the car will haul ass pretty good once I get a more rubber to the ground. My 60' averaged about 1.65.

·
Premium Member
16,774 Posts
good job chris. are you ready for next weekend.

What are you gonna do for traction. You are already running a 26x10.5 arent you. Maybe a 28x10.5 will help out.

·
I gots famous friends
9,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Beej said:
good job chris. are you ready for next weekend.

What are you gonna do for traction. You are already running a 26x10.5 arent you. Maybe a 28x10.5 will help out.
I need to get my 26x10 tire on a wider wheel. I have it on a 7 inch rim right now. I need to set the pinion angle, too. I need some skinnies up front, too. A good track prep would help, too, though it hooked for some.

Who knows, I may cave in and set the car up to launch hard one of these days.

·
Premium Member
16,774 Posts
ya, pinion angle will definatly help. A nice set of welds will also help too. I really dont know if it will ever leave that hard with your super stiff suspension, but it should still get better then a 1.6

·
Boostaholic
1,354 Posts
Nice times Chris! Are you going to up the boost more once you get a wider tire and see what the car can really do? :)

·
PVC Racing
9,779 Posts
damn you. I wish I knew you was going I would have gone out there to seen it run. Shit my plans got cancelled and I didn't do anything. Oh well, nice times

·
DRAMA FREE!
3,958 Posts
let me know if you need those skinnies for next weekend... we can throw your Cobra rims on mine to sit in the pits with..

Oh yea, nice times. ;)

·
Darkside
20,120 Posts
Damn nice runs. Damn good consistancy on those times. Very impressive.:cool:

·
I gots famous friends
9,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ProStarPony said:
let me know if you need those skinnies for next weekend... we can throw your Cobra rims on mine to sit in the pits with..

Oh yea, nice times. ;)
I'll take you up on that offer. Thanks...

·
Worship me
34,345 Posts
Monsoon X said:
Congrats Chris. Hope to race ya' soon. :)
What happened with your junk?

·
Crash Test Dummy
21,966 Posts
AL P said:
What happened with your junk?
I haven't tried to start it yet but, the cam gear was off one tooth to the right. Won't know if it was the culprit until this evening.

·
Geaux Saints!!
6,161 Posts
Monsoon X said:
I haven't tried to start it yet but, the cam gear was off one tooth to the right. Won't know if it was the culprit until this evening.
Let me know if you plan on doing any work on it tonight, I'll come on by.

Good times Chris!!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts