DFW Mustang Forums banner
61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Aspiring Bean Counter.
12,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
It is a 10 best list, but they only tested 10 cars.

The list is a POS, not a single piece of Italian metal was included.
Still missing the new for '09 requirement? The only Ferrari that fits that is the California. You do realize that manufacturers don't always have a car available to cough up to whatever comparo a rag wants to do, right?

Not saying it's the case, but you're making a pretty definitive statement.

It's never a good sign when you have to defend yourself in your own thread every other reply.
It means I'm either very right or very wrong. I'll take my chances on this forum and continue to stand by my assertion that most people that have posted on here have neglected to read any further into this than what they want see.

This comparison is 100% fact. It is my Bible, I will believe nothing other than what comes from it and all other articles published by Motor Trend.

·
Aspiring Bean Counter.
12,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
It still made the list though where-in the mustang gt that I think is supposed to handle better, didn't. I think that's where this lists loses credibility with me.
The list isn't comprehensive at all, for sure. Not sure on the reasoning. It may be because this was simply the group of cars that made their "list" that manufacturers also had available, or more likely this was the group of cars that Motor Trend decided would be easiest to taint the results with to benefit...

Wait, can someone remind who the manufacturers are that paid off Motor Trend to slant this thing their direction? I've heard lots of claims of bias, but no names or foundational evidence.

·
Premium Member
8,912 Posts
Motor Trend is not a good source for this kind of information. They have been accused of bias for many many years.

·
Aspiring Bean Counter.
12,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Motor Trend is not a good source for this kind of information. They have been accused of bias for many many years.
Again, there's not a doubt in my mind that some bias does exist, but I've still yet to see anything that provides any correlation between Motor Trend's mystical bias and this comparo.

And yet I'm still confused as to why this has received such a harsh reception. If it's so clearly biased and unimportant, then why give a fuck?

·
老师
12,120 Posts
Again, there's not a doubt in my mind that some bias does exist, but I've still yet to see anything that provides any correlation between Motor Trend's mystical bias and this comparo.

And yet I'm still confused as to why this has received such a harsh reception. If it's so clearly biased and unimportant, then why give a fuck?
I think you got me wrong. I wasn't trying to bash Motor Trend in particular, just point out that the biz is full of bribes and secret undisclosed deals that nobody will probably ever hear about. Do I like this fact? No. Do I still read the magazines? Yes.

On a note closer to the OP topic, I don't like the new camaro. It doesn't suit my needs, especially in the city, and I think it's butt ugly. I'd also like to mention the fact that everyone I have seen in this city has mis-matched colors on all the panels, and they ALL have horrible body panel gap. Seems as if all the panels were painted/fitted individually by a spearate person for each piece.

·
Yes I'm...
3,630 Posts
I dont know why any of you are suprised a camaro, even not on the f-body chassis, handles like a wallowing pig.

I mean really now, who was suprised?
As usual, the pot calling the kettle black...

·
DERP DERP DERP
36,645 Posts

·
Yes I'm...
3,630 Posts
Race Ryan on a road course then:wave:
This thread's about cars, not my non-existent road-racing skills. :nervous:

61 - 70 of 70 Posts