DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm so sick of Wikipedia and how it is involved in all my Google searches. Does anyone have a way to omit Wikipedia from all searches? I don't want anything to do with that site...I wish I could erase it from existence :mad:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
momo stallion said:
you can erase it page by page. have fun.

i for one think it's a good site.

As a matter of fact, I'm not. Instead I'm going to erase it from my Google search bar for good by editing the XML file to always omitting anything Wiki, including Media, Bios, ect. I might also offer this tool as a plug in to other anti-Wikipedia members.

·
3rd shift sloucher
1,612 Posts
Wiki owns you get over it.... It has info on pretty much EVERY thing. I like it... Hell I have the whole site boiled down on my thumbdrive... Comes in handy for coming up with quotes, events, dates, ect ect.

And your sig it totally untrue btw.

·
I'm Yer Huckleberry
3,773 Posts
It's not a creditable site to me so I dont use it.

·
Googlist-Wikipedian
4,814 Posts
jakester said:
I'm so sick of Wikipedia and how it is involved in all my Google searches. Does anyone have a way to omit Wikipedia from all searches? I don't want anything to do with that site...I wish I could erase it from existence :mad:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/jakester

LOL!!!!luno

·
Aspiring Bean Counter.
12,279 Posts
i hear people (mostly teachers) bitch about how it's not an academic resource, but never once have I run into a problem with it.

I make it a point to use wikipedia as sources, and when my teachers question it, I find an "academic" resource and back up what is found. yeah, it seems like a waste of time, but it means I'm right and that my teacher was wrong.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
RiSk said:
Wiki owns you get over it.... It has info on pretty much EVERY thing. I like it... Hell I have the whole site boiled down on my thumbdrive... Comes in handy for coming up with quotes, events, dates, ect ect.

And your sig it totally untrue btw.
I don't care about your opinion on Wikipedia...I just don't like it, and I don't have to tell you why. But I bet if I did you couldn't argue against it. ;)

As for my sig...it was a joke found at linuxforums.org. Can you name one linux only virus w/o Google????

·
Googlist-Wikipedian
4,814 Posts
jakester said:
LOL, for a minute there you had me going :rolleyes:

heh. thats the point.

btw if you run linux, you support terrioism and communism.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hunt4m3x said:
heh. thats the point.

btw if you run linux, you support terrioism and communism.
Thats total crap...I'm in luv with Ubuntu 6.10...Windows free since 11/06 and I'm never going back.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
BTW Hunt4m3x, arn't you the commie for using Wikipedia?? Sounds more commie than Linux if you ask me...

·
3rd shift sloucher
1,612 Posts
Jakester.... I am a Sr linux systems engineer for a HPC company.... Slapper is prolly the virus that you are thinking of. But there is Adore, Lion, Ramen. BTW there was almost a 7 fold increase in Linux virii

Oh and Linux.RST.B is another forgot about that one.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
RiSk said:
Jakester.... I am a Sr linux systems engineer for a HPC company.... Slapper is prolly the virus that you are thinking of. But there is Adore, Lion, Ramen. BTW there was almost a 7 fold increase in Linux virii

Oh and Linux.RST.B is another forgot about that one.
:eek:

Well...you got me there

·
¯\(º_o)/¯
25,373 Posts
So you support linux but you do not support wiki? You're a moron, and your signature proves it. Ubuntu is for ****, gtfo.

Windows free since 01/01/1999.

·
Rockin' da fumanchu
7,224 Posts
What do you dilike about Ubuntu? I had considered trying it.

·
¯\(º_o)/¯
25,373 Posts
Tx ******* said:
What do you dilike about Ubuntu? I had considered trying it.
Probably its ease of use, my great great grandmother could probably figure out how to install it, and she was blind, mach1marauder can verify this as he used to date her ( she dumped him because he was to old ).

1 - 20 of 48 Posts