DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Premium Member
15,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a Dremel tool for christmas, and polished my first thing. My shift knob. It is aluminum, and has been needing some attention, it was discusting. i looks like a mirror now. Cant wait to get my car apart so I can get to polishing the acc. brackets, and timing cover. I am gonna clean up the lower intake, and water pump and clear those.

my plan is to have polished brackets, cleared water pump, lower, and upper intake. Gloss black valve covers, and add a few other accents to the under side of the hood. sn95's are just so blahhh under the hood.

· Timmay
4,921 Posts
[bj]I dont plan on doin the intake. I dont want it to be over kill, I have seen people that polish every metal piece under the hood, and it just screams way to much. I just want to polish the brackets, and a few small things, and throw a coat of clear on them and be done. I want to powder coat, or paint the intake, and vavle covers.

[/BJ]

· Registered
655 Posts
what am i missing that i need to buy from sears? i too got the dremmel for x-mas and am doing the upper.

· Premium Member
15,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am not doing the intake, way too much work, will take abour 20-30 hours to get it done right, and that will not happen with a dremmel too. A drill, or a wheel will be needed.

· Cummins > Powerstroke
18,579 Posts
darkpony - did you have to sand with the dremel??? I tried sanding a couple things with my dads dremel and that damn thing spins way to fast and gauges the metal... Any suggestions?

· Registered
655 Posts
just take it slow.

· Registered
783 Posts
I polished many things under my hood w/ a small rotary tool, and then went and bought a $30 bench grinder and slaped some buffing wheels on it. The outcome w/ the buffing wheels was much much better that the rotary tool. Everythings more consistant, and it take 1/4 of the time. You can get all of the polishes as Sears, Home Depot, Low's, For under 5 bucks.

· Registered
655 Posts
cannot wait to get my acc. brackets to do them!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.