DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At first, I thought of them as ricey looking, but now think they give cars (except ricers!) a more exotic look. Personally, I now think they're pretty sweet. Just hope I don't get pulled over for having them. 14 bucks at O'Reilly. I'm sure I'll catch plenty of flack for this one, but what do you guys think? Ever been pulled over for having them?

·
Premium Member
16,774 Posts
well, you actually make good power, so I guess we cant call you rice, just as long as you dont have a 5 in cowl, and aluminum wing. :D

·
Tha Closer
1,494 Posts
Just be careful. I had those bulbs in my 2001 F250 and they actually create quite a bit more heat then stock bulbs do which melted my wiring harness for my headlights causing me to have to buy a whole new wiring harness cause the lights quite working eventually. Other then that I loved the light they put out.

·
Premium Member
16,774 Posts
stangfanatic said:
Just be careful. I had those bulbs in my 2001 F250 and they actually create quite a bit more heat then stock bulbs do which melted my wiring harness for my headlights causing me to have to buy a whole new wiring harness cause the lights quite working eventually. Other then that I loved the light they put out.
that happend to my old car too. I had to replace part of the wiring harness.

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
DarkPony said:
well, you actually make good power, so I guess we cant call you rice, just as long as you dont have a 5 in cowl, and aluminum wing. :D

Hey, there's nothing wrong with a cowl hood. :p

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
96BluOvl said:
I hope you're not talikng about the blue windshield wiper crap!!!!

:confused:

·
Hanging on ropes
2,001 Posts
okay. do you know why xenon headlights cast the blueish glow that these headlights attempt to simulate?

becouse the reflector and bulb system is designed to remove the "blue" portion of the light spectrum. this blue light is thrown off to the side, while the main portion of the beam is pure white as viewed from the vehicle interior.

this is due to the fact that blue is the most easily reflected portion of the light spectrum. thats why the sky and ocean appear to be blue. removing "blue" light from your headlamps allows them to more easily penetrate rain, snow and fog.

now that your headlights primary spectrum is blue, you have greatly reduced your visibility and created a road hazard for yourself and others.

i wonder why they are not DOT legal....

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
I had them on my old car thinking I would have better vision. But they are not as bright and for some reason the highbeams were not as bright as the low beams!!?? Threw that shit away.

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
JEFF WHITE LX said:
Well I guess you haven't noticed but alot of the ricers(You said rice so this immediately popped in my head) will put blue laser thingies on their winsheild wiper fluid deal. Or on the hood were they are supposed to go. I know you've seen some ricers runnin around with two blue dots on their hood. Its a really stupid fad among the ricers.

·
Premium Member
14,152 Posts
96BluOvl said:
Well I guess you haven't noticed but alot of the ricers(You said rice so this immediately popped in my head) will put blue laser thingies on their winsheild wiper fluid deal. Or on the hood were they are supposed to go. I know you've seen some ricers runnin around with two blue dots on their hood. Its a really stupid fad among the ricers.
Guess i haven't noticed but i gotta check out what these **** are doing, need a good laugh. What do they do, drill a hole in the hood and plop these stupid blue"thingies" in there?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh yeah, I know exactly what you're talking about with the windshield wiper light things. About not being DOT legal, considering I'm running an F-cam, no sway bar, off-road exhaust, and about 13 pounds of boost, I'm not too concerned about that.

:D

·
Registered
493 Posts
I use these on my '88 LX - but they just put out white light, not blue. Looks good. DOT legal.

I have an extra set, new unopened $12 / pair...

·
Custom Title
16,520 Posts
JimD said:
Guess i haven't noticed but i gotta check out what these **** are doing, need a good laugh. What do they do, drill a hole in the hood and plop these stupid blue"thingies" in there?
So is everybody saying ricers have blue thingies? :eek: They should see a Dr.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts