DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
At least it sounds fast
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was walking past the coffee pot and by some freak accident, the basket holding the coffee just fell and splashed the hot water all over my leg. My whole right thigh is swollen and red as hell.

<---sucks to be me right now.

·
At least it sounds fast
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yellowstang said:
That sucks. At least it didn't burn your nutsack! :eek:
Yea, that is a better way to look at it, but it is only a couple of inches away :eek:

·
Registered
814 Posts
Hmm...at work?

Tell 'em you're suing for 15 million, but you'll settle out of court for $100k and some Subway coupons.

Seriously though, sorry about the accident. Was it it work?

·
At least it sounds fast
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't want to sue though. We get so many free gifts that I wouldn't want to ruin that. Plus the discount on Samsung stuff alone is worth it.

·
Premium Member
33,187 Posts
That might be a very serious burn.

My mom boiled some shrimp one night, and went to put the pot in the fridge. When she did, the top of the pot caught the rack above and tipped a bunch of the water (with shrimp oil) in her lap. She immediately put a freezer pack on her leg, and went to bed. Come to find out, it gave her a 3rd degree burn that took 2 1/2 years to completely heal.

Take it seriously man. If it's really sore, you might have a severe burn.

·
At least it sounds fast
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
46Tbird said:
That might be a very serious burn.

My mom boiled some shrimp one night, and went to put the pot in the fridge. When she did, the top of the pot caught the rack above and tipped a bunch of the water (with shrimp oil) in her lap. She immediately put a freezer pack on her leg, and went to bed. Come to find out, it gave her a 3rd degree burn that took 2 1/2 years to completely heal.

Take it seriously man. If it's really sore, you might have a severe burn.
Yea I am fixing to leave and have it checked. I have diabetes, so I heal slower anyway. I don't want to take any chances.

·
At least it sounds fast
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, No blistering, and the burn gel is helping the pain. The redness and swelling are going down now. Just a small area right above my knee is bothering me now. More of an irritation than a burn feeling, but the skin is tight as hell, and it does hurt if I move too much, but at least it isn't too serious. I gotta keep an eye on it, and if it doesn't start getting a little better tonight, I have to go back to the doctor.

<-------Owned by the coffee pot

·
F U C K Off!
1,661 Posts
i did that the other day, but its bc i fell asleep with hot coffee in my hand.... :(

·
At least it sounds fast
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1Fast97GT said:
i did that the other day, but its bc i fell asleep with hot coffee in my hand.... :(
Ok that sucks too. Mine is down to about the size of a post card this morning. Much better than yesterday, and that burn cream crap really does work. Takes the pain away very quickly.

·
At least it sounds fast
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ylw 98~~SNAKE~~ said:
Im gonna go make some coffee this thread reminds me to be extra careful...;)
Yea, I just stood back a little ways when I made my cup a few mins ago.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts