DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.....and I still like my 90 hatch better! :) Plus, mine is paid for. The 02 I drove was shadow gray w/ black interior. Really nice car and all stock. But, when I got on it I wasn't that impressed. Maybe its because I am not used to the 4.6s. Still, a nice car.

·
¯\(º_o)/¯
25,199 Posts
I'd rather have a '02 GT then my coupe, well, maybe just the interior, frame, and steering setup, brakes as well. :p

·
Premium Member
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AbecX said:
I'd rather have a '02 GT then my coupe, well, maybe just the interior, frame, and steering setup, brakes as well. :p
Yeah, I hear ya about the interior and stuff. It was better- but shit its not 12 years old either- its brand new. But for seat of the pants I like the 5.0 better. I have been think about looking at 94-95s.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Why dont you go test drive a 2000+ TA or Z28. I promise your going to feel a big diffrence.

·
¯\(º_o)/¯
25,199 Posts
Erfan Z28 said:
Why dont you go test drive a 2000+ TA or Z28. I promise your going to feel a big diffrence.
I would hope so from 100+ rwhp, but whats your point? Mustangs are a way of life, just because a newer model chick comes out with bigger tits and a nicer ass doesnt mean you leave with the one you already have, you just mod it to make have bigger tits and a nicer ass. :D

·
Premium Member
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Erfan Z28 said:
LOL! Yeah, I agree. I know the LS1s are awesome. I have driven a few. Road in buddy's Vette w/ some bolt ons. Holy shit it was fast! I think he was close to 11s the last time I talked to him. But, house payment and one new car payment (wife's) are all I want right now. My truck and Mustang are paid for. I would take an LS1 Z28 or TA/Formula over an 02 GT.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Kirbster said:
LOL! Yeah, I agree. I know the LS1s are awesome. I have driven a few. Road in buddy's Vette w/ some bolt ons. Holy shit it was fast! I think he was close to 11s the last time I talked to him. But, house payment and one new car payment (wife's) are all I want right now. My truck and Mustang are paid for. I would take an LS1 Z28 or TA/Formula over an 02 GT.
I bet if you looked it Auto trader, you would find some '00+ going for cheap right now because of the economy and people wanting to sell thiers to reduce thier debt. You can haggle them down big time! I wouldnt be surprised if you found a 2000 or 2001 Z for $15k or so.

·
gettin sideways
4,074 Posts
Erfan, if he wanted to buy something that sounded like a farm truck, he would buy a 70s model truck with straight pipes and 5 in tips. you could get one of those a lot cheaper than a newer Z28 or T/A and still get that same great sound :rolleyes: :D

(not all F-bods sound like farm trucks, just 99% of them)

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Red92Stang said:
Erfan, if he wanted to buy something that sounded like a farm truck, he would buy a 70s model truck with straight pipes and 5 in tips. you could get one of those a lot cheaper than a newer Z28 or T/A and still get that same great sound :rolleyes: :D

LOL!, mine has true duals so no it doesnt sound like a farm truck, only a farm tractor:p

·
Hustlin'
8,175 Posts
Red92Stang said:

Lord I hope mine does'nt sound like that when I go the whole 9 yards. LS1 cars are strange to me; I've heard some that rock ass, and some that sound like shit is falling apart inside the pipes; enlighten me if you can....

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
blacksn95 said:
Lord I hope mine does'nt sound like that when I go the whole 9 yards. LS1 cars are strange to me; I've heard some that rock ass, and some that sound like shit is falling apart inside the pipes; enlighten me if you can....
Dont listen to him, he is just BSing you! LS1's sound bad ass with Longtubes, H pipe and true duals! People say they sound bad is because 98% of them run the offroad Y pipe and that is raspy and doesnt sound good because of the single pipe crap. Mine sounds mean and deep with no rasp whatsoever. Come to Pappa's next week and listen to it. Youll love it:cool:

·
Hustlin'
8,175 Posts
Erfan Z28 said:
Dont listen to him, he is just BSing you! LS1's sound bad ass with Longtubes, H pipe and true duals! People say they sound bad is because 98% of them run the offroad Y pipe and that is raspy and doesnt sound good because of the single pipe crap. Mine sounds mean and deep with no rasp whatsoever. Come to Pappa's next week and listen to it. Youll love it:cool:

did you get your True Duals/H? Tips?

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
blacksn95 said:
did you get your True Duals/H? Tips?
Ive got the 3" H pipe, and 12" Bullets dumped before the rear axle.

·
gettin sideways
4,074 Posts
yeah see yours doesnt sound like that because you dont have tailpipes on it. put some tailpipes on it and tell me it doesnt pop and sound like a farm truck. i know a guy thats got the same set up you have but with tailpipes and it sounds like crap. im not BS'ing anyone, i never hear an F-bod sound good while going down the road. a friend of mine has an SS and it sounds awesome at idle but under acceleration its just another farm truck to me. there is one Ram Air T/A i saw one time and it sounded good, it actually kinda sounded like a 4.6 but that was the only one that sounded good to me

thats just my 2 cents though

·
Banned
2,489 Posts
Erfan Z28 said:
How about the 2003 or 04?? Ohh shit I forgot chevy gave up on them...:D :D

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Of course its not going to sound like a Mod motor or the LT1 because of the Aluminum block and diffrent firing order. The aluminum absorbs and deadens the sound that normally a iron block would reflect. That is why LT1's and Mod motors and 5.0's sound deeper and have that agressive sound. Now dont tell me that an LT1 doesnt sound good!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.