DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the subject says.....What should be the first mod to start with. I have already had Flowmaster 40 chambers insralled. Next I was thinking of a cold air kit. help me prioratize what I need to do. Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,984 Posts
econodrag said:
Like the subject says.....What should be the first mod to start with. I have already had Flowmaster 40 chambers insralled. Next I was thinking of a cold air kit. help me prioratize what I need to do. Thanks
Sell it and buy a 4V... ;) :D

·
Premium Member
4,984 Posts
econodrag said:
I would but every one that has a 4V thinks it is the only fuckin' one on the planet and want double what it is worth. :mad:
How much fun will it be to have a 2v drag a 4v?? :eek: :D
Will be fun but will also cost you a pretty penny. My advice: Built short block, PI heads/comp or similar cams an nitrous.. That would be your cheapest route out.. :(

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PeeWeeC5 said:
Will be fun but will also cost you a pretty penny. My advice: Built short block, PI heads/comp or similar cams an nitrous.. That would be your cheapest route out.. :(
Remeber this is the car I have to drive to work also. I have a full blown race car. I really don't care if it will drag a 4v. Just want a little more get up and go from it. The 5.0 I havein the Cougar will drag most 4V's anyways.

·
Premium Member
4,984 Posts
econodrag said:
Remeber this is the car I have to drive to work also. I have a full blown race car. I really don't care if it will drag a 4v. Just want a little more get up and go from it. The 5.0 I havein the Cougar will drag most 4V's anyways.
Ok, so that were both on the same page what would you like to see out of the car and is it an auto of 5spd?

·
Foxbody King
16,462 Posts
your not going to drag crap in a 98gt. go dyno it you'll be lucky to get 180 h.p.,the motors in the 96-98 gt's have crappy ass heads,

get 99 and up P.I. heads 410 gears full exhuast, pulleys timing adjuster

·
Good times
9,488 Posts
whiteboy said:
96-98 gt's have crappy ass heads

get 99 and up P.I. heads 410 gears full exhuast, pulleys timing adjuster
and the intakes suck

your only hope of any "real" power is h/c/i or a power adder of some sort, but since it's your dd, just do some gears and other misc. bolt ons and you'll be good to go

·
Premium Member
36,166 Posts
econodrag said:
Well hell maybe I will just leave it alone?
Unless you are ready to drop a good bit of cash on it, yes. You could spend over $1000 on bolt-ons and still barely break 200rwhp.

·
IA2
22,413 Posts
BossShinoda said:
and the intakes suck
I was reading an article in one of the ford mags about this. They took a 4.6 with non PI heads and ported them and put in some good cams. The OEM intake was replaced with something better. The engine made near the power they expected from the same combo with PI heads. The intake was opened up for examination and there are some kind of ribs that extend out that majorly disrupt flow. Apparently the intake is a big part of the problem on these engines.

·
Good times
9,488 Posts
mikeb said:
I was reading an article in one of the ford mags about this. They took a 4.6 with non PI heads and ported them and put in some good cams. The OEM intake was replaced with something better. The engine made near the power they expected from the same combo with PI heads. The intake was opened up for examination and there are some kind of ribs that extend out that majorly disrupt flow. Apparently the intake is a big part of the problem on these engines.
I had read something similar in 5.0 Mustangs and Super Fords. They said they guy actually stuck his hand in the intake and felt some odd bends that wreck havoc on airflow, so they swapped it to a new one.

·
Eagles>Cowboys
3,405 Posts
I agree with everyone else, and I speak form experience. I use to own a 98 GT, they are slow dogs. Either sell it and buy a 99+ 2V, or keep it and use as a daily dependable driver. Don't expect much form it speed wise.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts