DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
or question rather. Anyone ever try to get e 351 with efi through an inspection booth? I doubt any of these inspectors would be able to tell it was a 351 but it was just a thought I was having.

·
Premium Member
16,774 Posts
It prolly still wont pass because the emissions levels will prolly be higher due to increased cubic inches.

·
Premium Member
16,774 Posts
Bad89stang said:
So nothing larger than a 302 can pass an emmisions test?
that is not what I said, but if you are gonna go threw the trouble of putting a windsor in the car, and your telling that your gonna put small heads, and a very mild cam in it, and put cats on it, so you can pass emissions tests.

Not logical to me.

Might as well build it right, and not worry about emissions testing, and get a sticker the "other" way.

·
Foxaholic
7,351 Posts
I hear ya. I was just anwering the basic question of "can a 351 pass an emmisions test".

I agree though, you don't build a 351 to pass emmisions. Do it right and take advantage of the larger displacement.

·
Premium Member
11,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is what I was thinking too. My thoughts are (and I have been wrong before!) is a fresh 351 with a decent cam , good set of heads and a decent induction setup running through cats might actually pass. I mean if a worn out 10 year old 302 will pass why wont a fresh 351. Once again I have been wrong before. Another thing, those BBK and Mac catted H pipes, are they good against the sniffer? I thought i heard they couldnt get them to pass with them and i was planning on using one on my next project, but dont want to spend the $$ if they dont work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts