DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took HOS to the track last night. All day, the car was running fine, starting fine..etc... We get out there, put the slicks on and the car won't start. Turns out the starter took a dump! I did get to make one pass. Nothing special, as I was on the limiter the last half of the track! I thought I might try and see how hard it was to go clutchless and bang the limiter and grab the next gear. The 1-2 shift did pretty good. 2-3 wasn't. I was on the limiter big time. Then I topped out third gear...which it has never done before. So bascially, making a half pass it ran a 7.2. It has some potential, I just can't get all the moons lined up..lol.

I only made that one pass. We never could get the starter to cooperate, so I headed home. To my delight, while crusing down the freeway, I gave it about half-throttle and it felt like I had an auto with a 5k stall in the car!!! Yep, the clutch is toast now.

Needless to say, I won't be making it to the races tom. with HOS. It's always something! If I get time, I will prob throw the WB on the TA and get it somewhat tuned in and take it.

·
Narcissistic fade away
17,504 Posts
It sounded like you were having alot of trouble shifting it.. it wasn't very crisp or precise.. It has a LOT more left in it..

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This has a "clutchless" tranny. It shifts without, it is just a matter of getting ALOT of seat time to learn it. It's the fine art of just tapping the limiter and hitting the next gear.

·
Premium Member
2,783 Posts
Big Thumper said:
This has a "clutchless" tranny. It shifts without, it is just a matter of getting ALOT of seat time to learn it. It's the fine art of just tapping the limiter and hitting the next gear.
want to borrow one of my jerico's?

·
iHustle
8,769 Posts
Big Thumper said:
Is it just a proshifted tranny?

Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts