DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
36,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's always good to get affirmation every once in a while. I went down to "The Hub" here at work to get a snack, and one of my co-workers from another floor commented that I'm "gettin' bigger everyday". Natural progress is so slow sometimes that I don't necessarily see it myself, but it's nice when other's notice. :)

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
Yes that is an awesome feeling. It's hard for me to judge myself and tell if I'm gaining anything in size or looks. People that don't see you as much can tell more and can give you a better progress report.

Mike H.

·
Premium Member
16,774 Posts
It is also cool when you see something yourself, even though you look at yourself everyday, sometimes I can see a little diff.

·
Premium Member
36,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've gotten into the habit of wearing baggy clothes most of the time in the gym. Then on that once or twice a month that I am in a tank top the gains are a little more obvious. Mirrors are evil!:mad: lol

·
Banned
31,758 Posts
especially the mirrors at the GYM! :mad: the lighting and everything always makes me look better than any mirrors I've got at home!

I'm slightly larger than a twig, so I generally weark bulky clothes at the gym (helps get the heart rate up too)

but yeah man, there's no better feeling than when someone who hasn't seen you in a while complements your progress!

Forrest

·
Premium Member
16,774 Posts
That is a fact, you look at yourself everyday, and dont notice your gains, but everyone else is like, Holly Shit. :D

When I was in High School I weighed 120 pounds, and I still think of myself as that little skinny kid, even though everyone else thinks otherwise.

·
Premium Member
36,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DarkPony said:
When I was in High School I weighed 120 pounds, and I still think of myself as that little skinny kid, even though everyone else thinks otherwise.
Damn B.J., that's skinny. My left testicle almost weighs that much.:p

·
Banned
31,758 Posts
I hear ya... in 4 yrs I've gained almost 50lbs (yeah, I WISH it were muscle... I'd say half of it is fat, but I'd rather look like I do now than I did then!)

anyhow, I still feel like that twiggy rail I was back then a lot of the time...

Forrest

·
Premium Member
16,774 Posts
Got Boost? said:
Damn B.J., that's skinny. My left testicle almost weighs that much.:p
yep, I tip the scales at 200 now :D That is working out consistantly for the last 5 years.

·
My Boy!
5,434 Posts
DarkPony said:
It is also cool when you see something yourself, even though you look at yourself everyday, sometimes I can see a little diff.
I actually noticed a little more shape to my pecs the other day - a little fuller. I'm thinking some others would probably notice but I am never undressed around people so untill I start bulging out of my clothes I'll probably not get many people that notice.

·
DRAMA FREE!
3,958 Posts
yea, i was about to post up a thread abut this as well.. I have had acouple memebers on here, family and friends tell me that they can tell that I am sticking to my plan. Oh, a BIG THX to Aaron for helping me through the little Q's and helping to inspire. ;) But I am NOT done yet!! :)

Joel

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I'd love to say that I like people commenting on the results I get from working out, but the only input I ever get it Aaron at the gym "Damn dude, how long have you been working out? Looks like your still using the little pink barbells......pussy" :(

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
I think that's some of the best motivation. You see yourself every day, and it's really hard to notice any progress. I do like hearing things from people saying that I look a lot better than I used to. Makes me want to go to the gym right then. :)

·
Premium Member
36,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ProStarPony said:
yea, i was about to post up a thread abut this as well.. I have had acouple memebers on here, family and friends tell me that they can tell that I am sticking to my plan. Oh, a BIG THX to Aaron for helping me through the little Q's and helping to inspire. ;) But I am NOT done yet!! :)

Joel
Family and friends are the best because they don't see you 24/7, but they do see you enough to notice and are usually genuinely supportive. Keep after it Joel, you'll get there soon enough, it just takes a little patience.:)

·
Premium Member
36,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LilCPop said:
I'd love to say that I like people commenting on the results I get from working out, but the only input I ever get it Aaron at the gym "Damn dude, how long have you been working out? Looks like your still using the little pink barbells......pussy" :(
You'll graduate up to the purple ones soon enough...:p

·
Premium Member
36,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ProStarPony said:
What are you talking about :confused: I work out at home..:)
You live in Village Station?!:eek:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts