DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
STILL EVIL!!
5,901 Posts
Kirbster said:
Okay, Jerry and Bill will meet again next week. Word is that Campo and staff have been told to look for positions on other teams. What do yall think???

Good, maybe they can send Cundiff with them

·
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict
17,123 Posts
My thoughts on this are : How the hell did Campo get the job in the first place?! He's made nothing but poor decisions to make his job harder then what it already was. Any coach who takes a Cowboys coaching position has got to know what they are in for. To Campo's defense he didnt have much of a chance anyways. The team isnt very good and even worse has an owner who isa control freak.

I'm not a Cowboy fan and never have been. I've always been a die hard Raiders fan (being from LA originally myself). Raiders werent that good for a long time, but the last 3 years through tons of changes and good players they finally have a shot at it. Also, Deion Sanders maybe joining the team :D

·
The Medium Kabuki
2,921 Posts
campo will be fired. campo only got the job because jerry wanted someone who was from jimmy's staff (jerry thought that was the answer) and jerry wanted someone that wouldn't argue with his decisions. also, jerry is the best owner in the league, but at the same time the worst general manager. the assistant coaches have not all been to take new jobs if they get the chance... they will probably keep mike zimmer, def. cord., according to what jerry supposedly said to him today. also, joe avazzano is already the head coach of jerry's arena team. if the cowboys get parcells, they will be in the playoffs next year.

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
I can't stand it when owner's try and become coaches.

It's the same thing in the business world... CEO's can't be middle management and vice versa. That's what's wrong with a lot of organizations today.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I'm 99.99999999% sure he is gone now or will be after their last game. It's time for a real coach to step in although I wouldn't bet on Jerry"the frog"Jones finding one.

Jerry has no other choice then to find someone the is actually worthy of the job. He has to figure that he can not have another just as bad or worse season or he will eventually have to giveup and sell the BOYS. That dumbass needs to put someone in there that has the balls to tell him(Jones) to stay away and keep out. Sure he has money but what does he really know about football other then contracts and bonuses, NOT A DAMN THING.

I did not go and watch a single Cowboy's game at the stadium this season at all when normally I go to at least 1 or 2 home games. I will not support their asses unless they make a turnaround. Blowing 200.00 - 300.00 for a game, that has no meaning to me just sucks, once you consider tickets, parking and food.

Frank

·
Registered
191 Posts
STANGGT40 said:
just stay out of the coach's hair.
I think that is one of Bill Parcell's conditions on becoming the next head coach...to be allowed to do his job. Hopefully Jerry Jones has figured this out. Get someone here who knows how to put a winning team together and write the checks to pay for the players and staff that he wants to accomplish this.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.