DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two destructive forces that masquerade as cute dogs. I have tried giving them different toys to occupy themselves while out in the yard and they always seem to find a way to shred them. Keep in mind that there dogs can break an ax-handle with their jaws if given a minute to work on it.

Kongs, tennis balls, rawhide chewys... they go through them all pretty quickly.

Any suggestions

· None
10,576 Posts
I went with raw Ox tail bones. You can buy them at the supermarket for soups and stocks. They'd spend about 15 mins getting the marrow out and then they'd eat the bones in about another 2-3 mins. Great treat for keeping them occupied. Cooked bones tend to splinter, so avoid that if you can.

· ¯\(º_o)/¯
25,199 Posts
Jetfast50 said:
a Big ass piece of rope! That keeps them occupied for a while! My two pits like to try and rip each others heads off!
Welcome back!

· 4 STAGES BIG N' DRY
6,805 Posts
A basket ball or soccer ball that you have let some air out of works well too. I even bring tires home from the shop and let them throw around! You gotta think BIG! Have you ever seen those big ol' meat bones they will chew on those for weeks!

· Registered
1,488 Posts
Jetfast50 said:
A basket ball or soccer ball that you have let some air out of works well too. I even bring tires home from the shop and let them throw around! You gotta think BIG! Have you ever seen those big ol' meat bones they will chew on those for weeks!
This may sound strange, but I buy these THICK rubber bones at Old Navy of all places. They are about $4.00 and friggin last forever. I gave one to my sisters lab 5 months ago and ge hasn't made a dent in it yet after chewing on it ALL the time.

· Merry HoHo
31,627 Posts
MustangMelli said:
ROFLMAO! When I clicked on the notification that you had posted a message...I thought it was for the "In Da Butt" thread. I thought you liked ropes and bowling pins in yours! LOL :D :D :D
:eek: ooch ouch ooch
i would have to be stupid drunk and she would have to Allisa Malano

· The Fastest of the Fast
8,014 Posts
Man, Ive tried everything with my pits.......

I give them any kind of toy, and its gone in one night. Any stuffed toy is gone within minutes of first bite. Hell, my pit ate an entire couch in my backyard in a week. I have given up. Usually I just give him tennis balls cause he pops them and chews on them like bubble gum.....those toys that are made from hard plastic, what are they called, kobbs or kong or something....they last about one night before plastic destruction ends up everywhere....

Quit frankly Im just tired of cleaning up the mess!

· Registered
142 Posts
MustangMelli said:
This may sound strange, but I buy these THICK rubber bones at Old Navy of all places. They are about $4.00 and friggin last forever. I gave one to my sisters lab 5 months ago and ge hasn't made a dent in it yet after chewing on it ALL the time.
Ok believe it or not my pug got through that rather quickly... like two weeks. He is 22 lbs of pure unadulterated chewing terror.
I have to say though thats the longest anything has lasted... except for this one really nice pair of heels he destroyed... lil bastard. :)
~N

· Premium Member
10,331 Posts
My lab likes to chew on wood. Tree branches, lanscaping timbers, anything wood. Hell, I've even seen him gnawing on a branch while it's still attached to the tree.

I'm having a hell of a time finding an inside toy that he doesn't destroy. :(

· Registered
757 Posts
our 25 pound boston terrier can destroy just about anything as well. kongs seem to last, but the best is these rubber pull toys with knots on the end, get them at petsmart. about 4 bucks. usually multicoloered looking, kinda looks like strands put together. she cant seem to tear those up. good luck.

stroker95

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.