DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 268 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have visited every shop in dallas except dallas mustang.they are all full of shit. From addison,Arlington,lewsville. Nether of the shops want to tune my car because i bought my supercharger on craigslist. I even gave credit card info to one of the three popular shops. Know u what they did.told me they was gonna order parts and never did. Needless to say they never ordered the parts and left me hanging. Anthor shop told me 1500.00 dollars for upper/lower control arms w/ a ford racing driveshaft i had bought on craigslist (new drivesaft at that) now who pays 1500.00 for control arms .the 3rd shop i made 3 appointments to get my car tuned and they reschedualed 3 times. Well i spun a bearing in my motor last night and i found a guy in garland that has gone head over hills to just get the job done. He gonna build my motor and whatever else i need done he has my biz. To those other three shops fuck off. Yall seem to have forgotten how yall got started.

Them three shops will get shitty refferals from me.

·
Out
41,944 Posts
They don't want to tune your car because you bought your S/C on CL?

You just spun a bearing?

I think they saw more than a Craigslist issue...

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i been waiting 10 yrs for a supercharger and i almost had to beg them to tune my car.and i will be damed if i beg any man on this earth

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
i had no problem paying to correct any issues they saw if they would have told me.and i would have payed them to fix it.and no i did not have a spun bearing when i went into the shop.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
after the motor is done i going to houston to get the car tuned. because i dont want someone to tune my car that dont want to tune it.

·
Out
41,944 Posts
i had no problem paying to correct any issues they saw if they would have told me.and i would have payed them to fix it.and no i did hae a spun bearing when i went into the shop.
What I was alluding to is that they might have seen a potential bomb to be strapped to their dyno. If someone walked into my shop with a car that looks like it'll fail to even hit redline, asking for a dyno; I'd be weary.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
What I was alluding to is that they might have seen a potential bomb to be strapped to their dyno. If someone walked into my shop with a car that looks like it'll fail to even hit redline, asking for a dyno; I'd be weary.
nobody except gearheads opened the hood

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i not sure but i think u spinning a bearing is from over reving the motor right.tach hit 7 grand.that was all she wrote

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)

gearheads was helpful though.he told me what to fix and i did

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i am not even mad bout spinning a bearing. i am mad because i was gonna pay there price.and still no service.never did i argue there price.would u pay 1500.00 for controll arms. i can put on myself just my apt complex dont allow any automotive repairs in the parking lot.thats why i was will to pay someone to put the control arms on.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
education has nothing to do with it.i dont have a degree.but i do have a biusiness and that dont require any education.so go read a book

·
Out
41,944 Posts
What business doesn't require an education of some sort?

Anyway, on topic... Post up your car and what exactly you asked for and I'll give you the best reasoning that I can come up with. Other than that, you'll have to wait for the shops to chime in on here (and they will).

1 - 20 of 268 Posts