DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some sub-frame connectors and have them installed. I would like the shop to be close to McKinney but, if I have to drive I will.

Any recommendations as to brand, type or installers?

The Mustang is a 92 GT work in progress...

Thank you

Gary

·
Got Lateral G's??
9,822 Posts
X3 Through the floor is the only way to go
Maximum motorsports subs are the best that don't require going through the floor. Can be done in a couple hours...

if the underside of the car has been pressure washed and not beaten to shit...I'd probably weld them in for $150....just buy the unpainted ones.

·
Motorboat'n Is What I Do!
6,206 Posts
Maximum motorsports subs are the best that don't require going through the floor. Can be done in a couple hours...

if the underside of the car has been pressure washed and not beaten to shit...I'd probably weld them in for $150....just buy the unpainted ones.
Best my ass... If someone wants the best non thru the floor subframe they need to get a set of these that Ray at Fortress Performance custom makes for Mustangs and also Gearheads Performance sales.

·
Mentally Impaired
2,367 Posts
^^ looks just like the ones I made for my car. 1.5 inch square tubing, capped on the ends, and stitch welded. Only difference being that mine have a cross support to the seat brackets.

·
Motorboat'n Is What I Do!
6,206 Posts
^^ looks just like the ones I made for my car. 1.5 inch square tubing, capped on the ends, and stitch welded. Only difference being that mine have a cross support to the seat brackets.
Yup 11 gauge steel not 14 like all name brand ones they try to sell people. These are made in a jig and are Tig welded...

·
Mentally Impaired
2,367 Posts
Yup 11 gauge steel not 14 like all name brand ones they try to sell people. These are made in a jig and are Tig welded...
Im not sure what gauge the tubing is that I used, but its .125 or 1/8" wall tubing. I bent the tubing to the contour of the subframes and welded them in. My tubing was free, and installed them myself.... so cost for me was nothing. :banana:

·
Num say'n? (tm)
5,702 Posts
I've seen JamesB's work and it's nice. Wouldn't hesitate to use him.

I had mine done at Precision Racecraft in Crowley. Top flight work.

Both are advertisers and support the board.

·
Registered
68 Posts
does any one have any pics or anything on how to install the through the floor ones im prob gonna b installing some in the near future

·
Got Lateral G's??
9,822 Posts
does any one have any pics or anything on how to install the through the floor ones im prob gonna b installing some in the near future

Imagine "Pain in the ASS!" in about 120 pt font...1 page. LOL!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.