DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
almost ready to race
2,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving down 121 last night in Grapevine and I hear the horrible sound of exhaust components dragging on concrete.:(

Fortunately I wasn't going very fast at the time and there was a gas station to pull into immediately. I looked under the car and my right tailpipe had worked itself out of the studs that hold it onto the muffler.

I lost one threaded stud and a couple of nuts but I managed to save the tailpipe without any bad scratches on it. It was on there so loose that I was able to unscrew and pull everything off with my hands.

So now I have one tailpipe with the other dumped. I've still got a race number and dial in time on the windows from last weekend's racing, bald Nitto's, no front swaybar, and no backseat. My poor car. lol

Do you think Meineke or some other muffler shop in Plano can fix it? I'm missing a threaded stud and it's not exactly a Ford part.:mad:

·
¯\(º_o)/¯
25,373 Posts
goto a non large company muffler shop, mineke will probably charge you like $100 vs. $30 for a cheapie, Evil Jose owned shop ;)

·
Registered
673 Posts
go to Pronto Muffler on 75 near Park. They've done all my cars and do good work. I'm sure they could figure something out to get ya fixed.

·
almost ready to race
2,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nitrofish said:
go to Pronto Muffler on 75 near Park. They've done all my cars and do good work. I'm sure they could figure something out to get ya fixed.
Okay I'll check them out.

Nobody seems to carry any studs that match up perfectly with the Mac threading. I've been to two muffler shops and a massive hardware store with no luck.:mad:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts