DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· P.I.M.P.
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant Stand the Fucking Dallas Courts....

[Stands up on soap box] The Dallas Courts cant get their shit straight... I swear to God I'm going to go insane... 2 years ago I got 3 tickets... driving wihtout insurance (was waiting on card to come in the mail) driving without 2 headlights (it was 8:00 at night and I had just pulled out of a well lit parking lot and hadnt noticed they werent on) and registration violatoin (just bought car from a dealership who had forgot to mention the tags were out) No biggy, I had insurance and got registration and all that ot have em dismissed. I went in 5 days later after getting the necessary stuff, and they said they had no record of any tickets... I assumed that the officer had been fucking wiht me and hadnt turned them in or somehting... I never recieve any paperwork in the mail or anything. Anyways a year and a half later I recieve a letter from the Tx DPS in Austin saying my liscence is going to be revoked for failure to appear for tickets in Dallas. Well now i'm confused. I call Dallas up and they say I have 3 outstanding tickets and to even see a Judge about them I have to pay over $700 cash for "bail" (turns out they had an address from a year ago that hadnt been updated and I never recieved anything in hte mail) I tell them it not going to happen and eventually see the DA. I explain to her what had happened and she says she'll take care of it. She throws the insurance out, but says she cant do anything bout the other two. Eventually we get it worked out that I will do Deferred Disposition and Community Service. I get 6mo probation and 8hrs community service from a Judge and sent on my way. Cool no biggy. I do the community service and send in the paperwork. Then I get a letter saying my liscence is revoked and I owe $100 to get it reinstated. I call austin and they say htat hey havent recieved a letter of compliance from Dallas on two of the three tickets. I call Dallas and they say that I owe them $300 still and that they never recieved my community service paperwork. I talk to her and find out they STILL have my address wrong. They also have the hsit in hte their computer backwards showing I had community service for my headlight violation when my paperwork shows defered disposition. They say they never recieved anything and that I have to come down to Dallas with all my paperwork and proof of ID. I'm like well yall took my DL away so I have no proof of ID and she says well then we cant change your address... I'm like this whole thing is because YALL cant get your act together and you rely on an outdated computer system that never gets updated! Then the bitch hangs up on me... I'm fed up... I cant believe that i've wasted 2 years and hundreds of dollars on something that is THEIR fault... we sent out our notice of change of address and had all our mail forwarded... we never got the notice that they claim ot have sent. I dont know what to do... everytime I go down there I stand around for 10 hours and nothing seems to get accomplished. Anyone konw a lawyer that can help me out?

[gets off soap box]

Wow that feels a lil better

· ¯\(º_o)/¯
25,199 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.