DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Mr. Instigator
6,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my combo is in my sig.....right now i have CNC ported stock heads w/ 1.94X1.60 SS valves. they are supposed to flow 217 int/174 exhaust...

how much power would i gain by putting on a set of edel 6037(??) alum heads or some AFR 165's? or 185's

·
¯\(º_o)/¯
25,199 Posts
You can get a set of AFR185's that will flow much more then a set of stock ported heads, plus 2 AFR heads weigh about as much as 1 stock head.

·
CEO of......
6,776 Posts
sleeperLS said:
im about to put the afr 165 e-cam combo to work soon. :D

so you're going with the 165's?? i think you'll like that. :D

bill- you trying to catch me, son??? :p with yours bill i'd probably go with the 165's unless you plan on going with a bigger cam (which means flycutting those pistons) that's the only reason i went with the 185's cause i plan on going with a bigger cam and intake later on down the road.

·
Mr. Instigator
6,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bert89coupe said:
bill- you trying to catch me, son??? :p with yours bill i'd probably go with the 165's unless you plan on going with a bigger cam (which means flycutting those pistons) that's the only reason i went with the 185's cause i plan on going with a bigger cam and intake later on down the road.
well im looking at buying an expedition hopefully this summer and once i do my car is gonna be more of a weekend only car and im wanting to spice it up a little........gonna have the same cam just gonna put some good tires on and the 150's in.......and hopefully some better heads and see if i can get to the low 11's with it :confused:

·
Mr. Instigator
6,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ive never heard of "having" to put studs in unless you are maybe running tons of boost and blowing head gaskets.......i know todd was doing this on his 86 so he put studs in.......but i am running n2o so i dont think the studs would be a MUST for me.......

·
Worship me
34,275 Posts
I got a brand new AFR 165cc head for sale....

·
Mr. Instigator
6,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
AL P said:
I got a brand new AFR 165cc head for sale....

i would be interested but its gonna be a few months before i can even think about getting the heads.......gotta pay my furniture off before it starts accruing interest.......

<--hates paying interest:D

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Fox466 said:
From what I've heard you lose a half a point in compression when you bolt on aluminum.
How so?

·
Worship me
34,275 Posts
Actually what he means is that you can run half a point more compression on a given amount of octane with aluminum because it disipates heat a little better than iron.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.