DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there an easy way to remove the a/c vents from the dash of a Fox body Mustang (specifically a '93)? I know you can swivel the vents up and down and there are little "clips" or something....but I tried pressing those down and pulling and got nothing. I'm trying not to scratch them up when I remove them.
Thanks for any tips!

·
Premium Member
4,291 Posts
sounds like someone is putting some gauges in the vents;) :D . Sorry, I don't know how to remove them, but I would also like to know...

Someone help us out:D !!!

·
gotta love hotties
1,093 Posts
yeah you need to gently pry on the sides one side at a time to remove it from the groove, then just pull it out.

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I figured out another way to get them out (the two on the sides)....I put two small screwdrivers underneath the little "tabs" you can see when you swivel the vents from top to bottom. I pushed those up then with a third screwdriver pried a little at the top or bottom, whichever tabs I was pushing up. Popped right out. the problem now is the center vents. I cannot get those out that way because the tabs are hidden. I also tried prying around the sides but all I'm doing is pushing in the soft dash pad part around the vent housing. I'm afraid I'm going to tear that up.
How the hell do you get the center vents out?

thanks!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Are you talking about the actual vent or the vent housing? If you're talking about the actual vent, that's VERY easy to get them out. All you have to do is grab ahold of the tab you use to move the vents left and right, and pull it out. It's very simple and you don't have to use any tools or pry on anything.

·
gotta love hotties
1,093 Posts
agreed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts