DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Loves the Haterz!!
12,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my buddy has a 91 lx and he needs to know how to take all of the emissions crap off
what all needs to come off and what do i plug and unplug...etc..etc
now im putting a mac x pipe on his car tonight and it doesnt have the bung for that tube that comes down from the back of the heads...now do i plug that line or just take it all off?
any help would be much appreciated

·
The Medium Kabuki
3,051 Posts
ccst stang said:
my buddy has a 91 lx and he needs to know how to take all of the emissions crap off
what all needs to come off and what do i plug and unplug...etc..etc
now im putting a mac x pipe on his car tonight and it doesnt have the bung for that tube that comes down from the back of the heads...now do i plug that line or just take it all off?
any help would be much appreciated

just run a shorter belt and leave all of the crap in place

·
Premium Member
6,070 Posts
Just take the smog pump off or bypass it with a short belt. Plug the bung on the x pipe for the tube that runs to the smog pump. Take off the pipes that run to the back of the heads. You can either get plugs from Ford to plug them or just use some old spark plugs and break off the porcelian part of it. They both work the same way. Plug the 2 vacuum lines coming off of the vacuum tree on the passenger side with 2 screws. It is pretty straight forward.

·
Loves the Haterz!!
12,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok but that tube that goes down to the stock h pipe will not be hooked up to this x pipe at all....what do i do about that and will it still run ok with all that crap still in place?

·
Premium Member
6,070 Posts
I ran my old motor with all of the smog equipment intact minus that tube that goes to the h pipe. I crimped the opening on the h pipe shut and never had a problem with not having that tube there.

·
The Medium Kabuki
3,051 Posts
92lxstang said:
I ran my old motor with all of the smog equipment intact minus that tube that goes to the h pipe. I crimped the opening on the h pipe shut and never had a problem with not having that tube there.

what he said

1 - 10 of 10 Posts