DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am needing to change rear end gears on a 89 gt 8.8 and needed to know if anybody new how to change these gears, maybe a link? I slightly remember doing them but its been about 7 years, so does anybody know how to change and line up the gears. :scared:

·
Mentally Impaired
2,367 Posts
If you ask me, its far to complicated to try and explain. You really should be asking, "Who has the tools and ability to change these gears for me".

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you ask me, its far to complicated to try and explain. You really should be asking, "Who has the tools and ability to change these gears for me".
Well do you have the tools or knowledge:smashfreakB: to change the rear end gears?

·
Mentally Impaired
2,367 Posts
Well do you have the tools or knowledge:smashfreakB: to change the rear end gears?
Yes, but I live 2 1/2 hours from you. Gearheads, HPP, Noah can do it on the side maybe. There are several places that can help you out for a lil loot.

·
Registered
132 Posts
step 1: buy the gears
step 2: get in the car
step 3:take the car to gearheads and get you a job well done by $250 labor.
that's how i changed mines, and i had no trouble that all.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just to make sure you read it fuckin spooby

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
why dont you google it

·
Registered
562 Posts
why dont you google it
Spooby - What a drunk white trash red neck calls any black person. Usually the result is the black guy feels the white guys is frigging nuts!

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I am needing to change rear end gears on a 89 gt 8.8 and needed to know if anybody new how to change these gears, maybe a link? I slightly remember doing them but its been about 7 years, so does anybody know how to change and line up the gears. :scared:

Good luck with this. Since you are having issues with a throwout bearing that you installed yourself I cannot imagine you being successful with installing gears but good luck to you.

There are several guys around that have excellent reputations when installing gears.....unfortunately one of them is Noah who works at Dallas Mustang and you have been flaming them on the site today.

·
Foxbody King
16,462 Posts
Good luck with this. Since you are having issues with a throwout bearing that you installed yourself I cannot imagine you being successful with installing gears but good luck to you.

There are several guys around that have excellent reputations when installing gears.....unfortunately one of them is Noah who works at Dallas Mustang and you have been flaming them on the site today.

I bet he will install them himself fuck them up then blame DM for faulty parts.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Damn white boy why you so pissed?

·
Registered
562 Posts
I bet he will install them himself fuck them up then blame DM for faulty parts.
I read the other post and have no opinion either way.. After reading this one, I am starting to think he doesn't know as much as he says. But,, to have a DM employee bash a customer every chance he gets does not look good for DM; the company!

Me, as a past DM customer who has had more bad experiences than good, will probably take my business elsewhere for this reason. Just my .02:thumbsdown:

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I read the other post and have no opinion either way.. After reading this one, I am starting to think he doesn't know as much as he says. But,, to have a DM employee bash a customer every chance he gets does not look good for DM; the company!

Me, as a past DM customer who has had more bad experiences than good, will probably take my business elsewhere for this reason. Just my .02:thumbsdown:
He makes a good point.:ugh2:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts