DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Texan
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend got dynoed at Kieth Craft on saturday in his 02 GT with a K&N filter, stock h pipe with no mufflers (straight pipes), a powertech programmer, and 110 octane race fuel. he put down 263 hp. does the race fuel add a lot of power or is his car a freak, BTW its an auto.

·
Premium Member
16,774 Posts
that is abnormally high especially for an auto. I would expect 220-230 with those mods. Race gas really shouldnt help a stock motor'd car. That just sounds really odd to me.

·
Texan
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, i didnt think he would have dynoed that high, now that i think about it maybe i should have asked to see the sheets. hmm, oh well, i know that his car is a freak, it pulls really hard, i've never run him but i always thought that i could beat him. how much do you think the race fuel would be good for though? 5 hp? 10?

·
UNFUCKWITHABLE
12,482 Posts
Race fuel by itself will not add any power... If anything, having at least 17 more octane points than neede could hurt power.

The higher octane number just means it burns slower.
In a perfect world you would run the lowest possible octane without detonating.

Putting 110 octane in a stock GT is just wasting your money. And if it was leaded 110 (most likely C12, which is leaded), it will mess up the o2 sensors with the quickness.

- Matt

·
Texan
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm, well sorry i started this thread, i think its about time to pull the BS flag on my friend.

·
FIRE!
2,028 Posts
With my advanced timing, I swear my car runs better at the track with 104. But if you didn't see the sheets yourself your friend is pulling your leg, I have a auto '01 and I will bet you money that car wont put out that much with just those mods. you should post up the dyno sheet if you could get it.

·
Texan
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, im gonna call him when he gets out of school. are you still goin to redline on feb 6th?

·
FIRE!
2,028 Posts
There's one way to tell for sure, you guys meet me out at denton feb 7th and if he beat's me, He's putting out 263

·
Texan
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha, alright, how much are you puttin down?

·
FIRE!
2,028 Posts
Enough to take care of business.:p
I seriously dont know I havent had it on a dyno in forever.
however the mustang dyno says im only putting out 183 when i had just mufflers:D

·
Married Man on 14Feb2010
14,140 Posts
Stroked71Bowtie said:
Race fuel by itself will not add any power... If anything, having at least 17 more octane points than neede could hurt power.

The higher octane number just means it burns slower.
In a perfect world you would run the lowest possible octane without detonating.

Putting 110 octane in a stock GT is just wasting your money. And if it was leaded 110 (most likely C12, which is leaded), it will mess up the o2 sensors with the quickness.

- Matt

·
Got Lateral G's??
9,822 Posts
He needs to go back and re-read the sheet. He sounds like he is quoting the torque reading and not the HP reading. I say this because that sounds like the correct torque for a mod motor with no back pressure....ie mufflers and the Auto.

BS flag is flying at full mast. and it's really windy today!!!

·
Texan
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well i just got back from quiznos with him. he took off the air filter and had the intake just running open. 110 octane race fuel and he still says he put down 263/284. but unfortunately he didnt have the sheet on him, maybe he'll bring it to work tomorrow.:rolleyes:

·
FIRE!
2,028 Posts
Beej said:
That is total bs. If he made 260 hp, the torque would be over 300. I think he is full of shit.
Agreed.

You guys gonna be able to make it to Denton?
I want some of this freak auto:D

·
Custom Title
16,520 Posts
Does anybody know anyone who works at Keith Craft? Just call them and see if it really happened. I think the numbers are on the high side too, unless they set the tune for the higher octane just to see the Dyno run, then set it back to normal octane ratings???

·
Registered
621 Posts
02 gt w/ 5sp dyno numbers
these are numbers from my dyno run last year on 89 octane
mods: mac h pipe w/ cats
spintech mufflers
mac cold air
bbk 70 mm tb
247 hp at 289lbs

same car w/ a bbk x pipe w/ cats
stock tb