DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
36,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can a decent beater be had for a grand? I'm getting to the point where the next mods to my car will require it being down for a bit, not to mention driving it everyday while still tinkering is getting to me. I don't want to spend a huge chunk of change on a beater, but I also don't need another set of roling problems to deal with. What are your suggestions for a cost-effective daily driver?

·
2,508 Posts
you could find one for 1k ,depends on how hard you want to look for one.
2k would be alot easier IMO.
Good Luck

·
Premium Member
36,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bones said:
you could find one for 1k ,depends on how hard you want to look for one.
2k would be alot easier IMO.
Good Luck
The only issue I have with spending more is that cash could be used for fixing the Stang. I'm trying not to get to impatient though and get screwed cuz I bought a POS. I'd love to find something mechanically sound, but with some body and/or paint damage to keep the price down.

·
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
21,924 Posts
I'll give you a beating for $5.

I've never had luck with a beater under $1500. End up spending money to get it up over the $1500 mark.

·
Custom Title
16,520 Posts
Get a Kia, brand spanking new for like 6K.
Financed that has to be like $150 a month for 48 months!

·
Premium Member
36,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Shorty said:
get a bike
Been there, done that. No thanks. Especially since my drive to work now consists of both 35E AND 635.

·
Banned
30,955 Posts
A freinds recently picked up an old Saturn for like 700 bucks, and has been driving it for months without any problems. Just passed inspection too. They are out there, but require some skill and alot of luck to find.

·
Very Thankful!
8,943 Posts
We paid $1000 for our Taurus and it ran great for a good 2 years.

Then I got a blazer for about $4000 and I just traded it for my daily now that isn't close to be a beater! :D

·
Dirty Mexican
1,110 Posts
I have a 93 Geo Storm with 130000 miles on it. It is mechaically sound. I have had it since Novemnber of 2002 with not one problem. I am selling it just to get a truck to haul parts around in.

I am looking to get 1250 cash.

·
Texas Rangers #1
10,592 Posts
It gets even worse, check this out:

92Mustang302 said:
cuz my girlfriend knows i'm a hardcore mustang fanatic,and i warned them before i even went and picked them up that the lude was a POS. i mean,what can u expect for $300,i got a car with no speedometer,no horn,no inspection,no blinkers,and a bent frame lol

·
Crash Test Dummy
21,966 Posts
I bought my beater form $500 from a co-worker. Ugly as all get out but, it's been driving me around for two months now. 1988 Delta 88 136k on the odo. Works great. Eats tranny oil but, hey it works. :)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts