DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Crackalack!
7,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, I know...to some of you that's an oxymoron...but here's my question. How much could I pick up a built AOD (preferably a name like Lentech, Art Carr or something)? I would want full manual ability, as well as transbrake. What could I expect money wise for a new one, and do these come up used very often? If so, how much?? I would also need a decent stall..... Just brainstorming and thought maybe someone could help me out....

·
Premium Member
5,347 Posts
Art Carr has special on AOD for $1995.00 with free tc of your choice. Reverse manual vb with transbrake usually will run another $500.00. Of course you will want an AOD with a one pc solid input shaft (250-300 upgrade)...stock AOD type has 2 shaft which will snap like a twig behind high hp output engine.

Lentech will have similiar trans for around $2500.00, manual vb with trans is an $300-500 upgrade.

So for $2500-3000 you can have an AOD that could take 800hp.

·
Crackalack!
7,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn!! I knew they were high but sheesh!! I guess a 3.08 rear gearing and a C4 wouldn't be too unstreetable for a turbo car huh? I don't think I want to shell out that much money for an AOD! I could probably pick up a C4 for less than half that, huh??

·
Premium Member
5,347 Posts
Yep. I could go the C4 or C6 route but have no trailer and like to drive the car as much as possible so have to paid the price with an AOD.

·
Bottle Fed
957 Posts
trans

hey doug - i got a buddy that has an art carr aod w/ i believe a 2800 stall - wanna trade for that super charger ? ill find out what he wants for it - he went 5 spd. lee

·
Now an HHR owner
1,543 Posts
So which is better? Art Carr or Lentech? Yeah I priced an Art Carr AOD with 10" convertor, transbrake, new oil cooler for $3400 and the LenTech Street Terminator Plus is $2595 with 10" convertor and extra $300 for transbrake.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Too much... As the not so proud owner of a Lentech I would recomend a C4. In hindsight the economy advantages of overdrive just aren't worth it (to me). This is a timely thread as I just spent last night under the car replacing the spool valve in the governor so that the car will shift automatically at something above 4000 rpm. Hey that's not too far from the 5800 I specified. Of course if you don't like the way they put your ($2700!) transmission together - and don't feel like fixing it yourself - you can always pull it out and pay the shipping for them to do it right the second time. Fuck those Canadian dipshits. Do yourself a favor and deal with someone with a good warranty and local.

·
whiteboy loves sausage
614 Posts
I bought the art carr aod-e 3000stall so far it has been flawless in my heavy ass car. If you do call art carr talk to dwayne butler he will hook you up.

·
Out with your mom
2,300 Posts
I got my guts from Level 10 and had mine built locally. I got the A OD servos, aluminum 2-3 acc, 2" OD band and drum, hardened sprag, billet input shaft, etc.

$2200+ is insane for an automatic. Just be specific to a shop and they can build it to your needs! I gathered all the pieces and had it done to my likings. I only wish I had put in the low gear set for 1st and 2nd.

·
heavy weight
281 Posts
call dave at rock on transmission , he will shoot straight with you and maybe answer some of your questions .

a real nice guy . 940 594 8064

ken

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.