DFW Mustang Forums banner

how many LS1 owners we got on here?

4K views 86 replies 52 participants last post by  pos 
#1 ·
recently got rid of my Lightning and got a 98 Z28. in the process of building a ford 8.8 axle with 4.10s for it, and going to get some Prostars on it with sticky tires and see what happens.. ran 12.20s on motor on 315/35/17 nittos spinning like a retard, so it should do ok. hoping for some 10s on the little bitty shot this fall. :saroll

oh and once all the important stuff is done, i'm taking off that gay RS wing and putting a SS spoiler on the back of it.. that'll wrap up the exterior mods. might lower it slightly but waiting to see what kind of clearance i'll have with the slicks on the back.

See less See more
#7 ·
stock block with a xr281hr cam. full exhaust, the regular boltons. dynoed at 387 RWHP, the stock ls1 intake is killing it. once i get a ls6 intake on it and get it retuned, should be at around 400-415 rwhp and 500-525 ish on the spray. my problem is i'm comparing it to my old 99 SS which was an 408/fast/afr headed/mti cam/blah blah and that thing had a couple hundred horsepower more. lol.

#5 ·
how do you like that G8 GT? the wifey and i were looking at trading our 08 camry se in for one, but i just didnt like it. slow as shit and the GPS was goofy. We're gonna wait for a year and see what happens to the pricing on the camaro SS, we dont want to pay 40+ for a car that MSRP's at 30.

#10 ·
nice 'bird man. what is that on top of the car tho? the z is a 6 speed. the ss was a fully built 4l60e with a stall. the ss was ALOT easier to drive, even with all that power... the 6 speed blows the tires off. im halfway tempted to trade this thing for a built auto fbody, but i doubt i will.

#15 · (Edited)
#21 ·
LS1 checking in!:hail::drive:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.