DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
PVC Racing
9,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it take to install an amp in a 98GT? I will be taking my car up to the stero shop to have an amp install and was wndering how long it takes, due to the fact I want to be at work on time.

Also I'm only getting 1 amp installed right now, but later on I want to add another amp for the treb. What about the wiring? Should I just go ahead and get the single amp wire kit, or get the dual amp with the dist. boxs and all and have it installed and all I ahve to do is buy the amp? Not for sure. I could do the install my self, but after everytime I start to mess with it I screw something up. :(

Brandon

·
Procrastination Racing
9,169 Posts
An amp install is around 2-3 hours. Run 4 guage wire if you plan on adding amps later. There is a factory grommet in the door jamb on the driver's side of the vehicle that prevents cutting the main wiring grommet under the hood. You have to remove the wheel and wheel well liner to run the power cable in the fender and then into the kick panel. Very clean and less chance of dirt, water etc getting into the car than cutting the factory boot.

·
PVC Racing
9,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
EW

Im planning on takeing up to your shop and was wondering if I need to call ahead of time to set up a time? Would like to do it early in the moring. Also what time do yall open? I have to be at work by 2:30pm and its about a 30 min drive there. Wil that give yall enough time?

Brandon

·
Registered
752 Posts
dang thats a long a#* time, me and my dad installed my whole system, inc. head unit, amp, and subs in about an hour, tops. Im not sure about you 98 gt, but on my coupe I looked for somthing that ran into the engine compartment from the inside. Next to my brake booster etc, there was a grey cable that ran inside, it had a little extra room in there we slid mine through, i think it is 4 gauge but not too sure. Then i just ran it through my interior panels, it was pretty simple. Hope this helps ya, if you dont want to spend the money on an install.

·
Procrastination Racing
9,169 Posts
musclestang89 said:
EW

Im planning on takeing up to your shop and was wondering if I need to call ahead of time to set up a time? Would like to do it early in the moring. Also what time do yall open? I have to be at work by 2:30pm and its about a 30 min drive there. Wil that give yall enough time?

Brandon
We're open from 9-6 mon-fri and 9-5 on sat. You should get an appointment. 817-685-8227

Proper installation of an amp is around 2 hours depending upon what is being done. We can not do a deck, amp, speakers, etc in under an hour like some people can.:)
Eric

·
PVC Racing
9,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
89bluecoupe- Well I'm not going to do the install, I will be taking it to AutoSound. They have already installed my headunit awile back, very nice people to do business with.

EW- I orderd a dual amp wire kit off ebay and going to buy me 4 channel amp. As soon as I get that stuff in I will give yall a call.

Thanks, Brandon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.